Hoosier SAFE-T Thread 2013-2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

pickles37

So regarding the DNR talkgroups, is the general consensus that these are now being used as a replacement for the VHF frequencies used previously by the non-law-enforcement parts of DNR (Department Of Natural Resources Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference I guess this is two questions - (i) are the VHF frequencies now no longer being used, and (ii) are the uses of these new talkgroups the same as the previous VHF talkgroups. I did notice when I stayed at Abe Martin lodge at Brown County State Park a couple of weeks ago, they had an 800MHz XTS2500 at the front desk, along with what looked like UHF radios for internal use.

Thanks! David.

wingmaker

Grettings from Lake Wawasee, I am new to the forum and have a few questions. My scanning knowledge of trunking is about a five on a ten scale, jsut enough to get by. I have a PRP-106 and program it with ARC500 software: My set up currently is as follows:

Conventional scanning = Elkhart and Kosciusko Counties

Trunking = Noble county and ISP District 21 and District 22

I have three tower sites in the program which are Ligonier, Elkhart, and North Webster. Note; I am about 10 miles south of Ligonier and 6 miles north of the North Webster tower.

My questions are : Is it OK to have e multiple tower sites programmed in ?
What if you have duplicate sites programmed in ?
Are talk groups assigned specfic Tower sites ?
When I go back and add a talk group ARC asks me to assign a site even though I have some already prograammed in. this is how I got some duplcates.
So does this set up sound remotely correct, I get Noble county trunked very well I think. Some ISP 21 and have not heard much if any ISP 22.

Any feedback is so greatly appreciated. Thanks to all in advance

Yes to multiple towers sites. The duplicates Im not sure I guess delete them. A talkgroup can be on multiple sites at once, but for me to monitor other counties surrounding mine, You really need to pick up the site within the county, to be for certain you will pick there talkgroup up. Like for ISP 13 I would want to get the Lake Co. Simulcast because I know that for certain I would pick it up, other sites wont always have it, but if you get the one there transmitting to then your going to for certain. If you really want to get ISP D21/D24, there on the same talkgroup 12272, I would want to get the St. Joseph County Simulcast, but I know that the Lake Co. Sim. gets this one all the time and if not mostly all, and the reason for that Im not sure, I have Ideas but not sure.

Well I hope this will help you:) LOVE AND BLESSINGS

chidd_88

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (BlackBerry; Opera Mini/7.1.32051/28.3392; U; en) Presto/2.8.119 Version/11.10)

As for the DNR parks, I'm not sure if its been noted and confirmed by anyone else. But I have for sure heard Potato Creek State Park on 10000.

theshellguy1

The new dispatch consoles have 800 as well but still a long way off. There are too many people in the field without the proper radio. Some departments share very few radios. I think you will see a police/sherif transition one day with other departments waiting until it is no longer an option. I hear a lot of Warrick County traffic using VHF to 800 repeaters in order to cover the lacking departments but the best I know Gibson has none at this time.

scannerfreak

Database Admin
I drove by Charlestown State Park today. I confirmed 17536 is DNR Parks D8. I have added it to the DB. We only need D7 and D10 now.

KD4YGG

Database Admin
Working on D07 - looks like I'll need to park on the Santa Claus CC to see if any units affiliate/unaffilate from Lincoln State Park...

scannerfreak

Database Admin
Sounds good. I got lucky. It took all of 60 seconds for me to see affiliation traffic on Unitrunker.

scannerfreak

Database Admin
Two new talkgroups to report. 36208 had surveillance type traffic in the clear. Given it's location in relation to the other USMS talkgroups it could be another one of those.

Also 28352. No traffic on this one, just had affiliations on the Floyds Knob tower from RID 26379 (22 DISP?) and 26210 (which I think is IUS).

dfoutch

Premium Subscriber
My list of unknowns include:
Radios 6856 & 6858 > TG 36208
Radios 5154, 13818 & 45450 > TG 16
(13818 > Grant Co TG, Peru ISP & TG16)
(45450 may be a Tipton Co radio)
Radios 43932, 47238 & 55946 > TG 12672
Timeframe Nov, Dec 2012

scannerfreak

Database Admin
My list of unknowns include:
Radios 6856 & 6858 > TG 36208
Radios 5154, 13818 & 45450 > TG 16
(13818 > Grant Co TG, Peru ISP & TG16)
(45450 may be a Tipton Co radio)
Radios 43932, 47238 & 55946 > TG 12672
Timeframe Nov, Dec 2012

36208 I logged 6856 and 6857. I saw 16 one time. It was an affiliation by a Jennings County fire unit. Never saw it again. Interesting you saw it up that way too.

12672 is the (old) ISP 24 DISP TG.

Last edited:

bamx2

Couple of questions,

Every ISP district has a "multigroup" channel. What is this, and what is it used for? I haven't seen traffic on it before.

Also, does ISP, or any other agency make use of Emergency signals on their radios? I have those options selected in free-scan. I assume that is what it is for? But I've never seen it activate. I would think it would by accident even occasional if enabled.

Finally, does anyone use i-calls on safe-t? I never see those come across either.

scannerfreak

Database Admin
Couple of questions,

Every ISP district has a "multigroup" channel. What is this, and what is it used for? I haven't seen traffic on it before..

It transmits on all 4 talkgroups at the same time. (DISP, OPS 1,2,3). I see it used from time to time, mostly when they are calling a unit and they don't respond. They do it to see if maybe his radio is on one of the OPS talkgroups.

Also, does ISP, or any other agency make use of Emergency signals on their radios? I have those options selected in free-scan. I assume that is what it is for? But I've never seen it activate. I would think it would by accident even occasional if enabled.

All radios have this ability and I also see this from time to time, but it's always been accidental. They turn the radio off and then back on to clear it. I've even seen it on SW MA CALL and you'll have various ISP posts calling asking who is on the channel with emergency traffic. Almost always there is no response and the emergency flag eventually clears.

It transmits as a status bit, so that's probably what that option in Free Scan is. I've never used that program, so I'm assuming there.

Finally, does anyone use i-calls on safe-t? I never see those come across either.

As far as I know they are discouraged on the system due to the lack of system resources. Maybe some high level users have access, but in all my years I have never seen one in my area, that I recall.

Here is the policy, from 2003, on private calls:

http://www.in.gov/ipsc/files/private_call_4.doc

wingmaker

I saw Talkgroup 16 about a month ago over at my buddies, a Jasper County Unit told another Unit to go to Car to Car and one was one the Jasper Co. Car to Car and the other came up on talkgroup 16 and then they came back on Dispatch and said they werent getting eachother. So what is this talkgroup 16 I can only remember seeing it once, maybe it was something programmed into older safe-t radios and some of these people just happen to have it in theres. Just a thought I hear the old ISP 24 talkgroup sometimes its always one sided where 12272 is always both so I programmed in both and lockedout the old ISP 24 one. LOVE AND BLESSINGS

Last edited:

k9ksb

clinton county safet volume

Does anyone monitor Clinton county safe-t system I monitor several systems but for some reason they are like double the loudness than all my other ones i have to turn them down when i am able to listen I have there ids put into the Tipton tower since I am on the east end of Tipton co. way to far away from the clinton tower and this is on a 996t and would this just being the users talking way to loud any help if there is a auto volume on system so I could at least tune them down

Anon6083

Premium Subscriber
  • MENU Button
  • Program System
  • Select a system
  • Edit Sys Option
  • Set Audio AGC
  • Toggle Analog and/or Digital as desired
  • Press Scan to resume

If specific TGs are too loud, you can also use the "Audio Offset" setting on individual channels to improve their volume.

Last edited:

k9ksb

There are on the fire side 154.220 but I am not sure on the 153.290 I don't monitor law to much except Tipton and Howard co

Status
Not open for further replies.