Hoosier SAFE-T thread 2019-

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC9LQV

Is there a "proper" procedure for inquiring about unidentified TGs that don't appear to be in the database, or can I just post them here and see what turns up?

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Well here is the official announcement on the IPSC page about the upgrade... In 2020, the system will be upgraded to ASTRO release 7.18, taking SAFE - T to the Next Level in communication capabilities and feature expansion. Here is the latest map as of Feb. 2019. https://www.in.gov/ipsc/files/System_Map_Feb_2019_with_proposed.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Is there a "proper" procedure for inquiring about unidentified TGs that don't appear to be in the database, or can I just post them here and see what turns up?
Post them here, and if not already, create an new unkown spot in the wiki.

KC9LQV

Over the last couple of weeks, I've gotten a large number of Unitrunker hits from these talkgroups on the Putnamville site. Ranging from a couple of dozen to nearly two hundred.

30D7
30D8
30D9
30E0
30E1

As far as I can tell, they're not in the database.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Could you please post those in the usual format of 1XXXX 2XXXX so folks won't have to find the conversion formulas?

dfoutch

Premium Subscriber
Look at the RID Prefix, who's using the TG. I see a large number of prefix 94 radios ( IDOC ? )using TG 12498. Also prefix 2 radios ( Allen CO )using TG 12785. Prefix 93 & 94 using 21725, 21757 & 21758.

Last edited:

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
And IPSC is now saying there are NO plans to go to Phase II with the upgrade to Version 7.18 of the ASTRO-25 platform, so starting to wonder if maybe some of the sources that most data is on the up and up are also getting fed some misinformation too. Though it really does not make sense to not use the full capabilities of the ASTRO-25 platform when your going to its newest version.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Look at the RID Prefix, who's using the TG. I see a large number of prefix 94 radios ( IDOC ? )using TG 12498. Also prefix 2 radios ( Allen CO )using TG 12785. Prefix 93 & 94 using 21725, 21757 & 21758.
9X series are all State, and Federal users.

usswood

Is the Morgan county CC correct....same CC at Vigo County and those sites are not that far apart, would this not create interference on band openings? Also, what happen to the VHF State police page, some of those are still in use?

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
It's correct. Just like with Franklin and Hamilton county sites. Only causes issues on scanners etc. Real radios do not just use the cc freq. They use some pretty tight algorithms on signal strength and other factors. Also take into account the "zone" defined by site NAC etc. And which Morgan Co site there are 2.

KC9LQV

It's correct. Just like with Franklin and Hamilton county sites. Only causes issues on scanners etc. Real radios do not just use the cc freq. They use some pretty tight algorithms on signal strength and other factors. Also take into account the "zone" defined by site NAC etc. And which Morgan Co site there are 2.

The Hendricks County and south Clay County (Jasonville) sites are on the same CC as well. And since I'm almost exactly in between them, I can't monitor either because the CCs walk on each other.

Before the P25 upgrade, I could monitor Jasonville and not pick up Hendricks at all.

KC9LQV

And IPSC is now saying there are NO plans to go to Phase II with the upgrade to Version 7.18 of the ASTRO-25 platform, so starting to wonder if maybe some of the sources that most data is on the up and up are also getting fed some misinformation too. Though it really does not make sense to not use the full capabilities of the ASTRO-25 platform when your going to its newest version.

Considering the huge numbers of XTS and XTLs I see still in service, it's probably not something they're going to be able to do quickly. That's a lot of radios to replace.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Also as to the VHF freqs: They have been listed as deprecated for a VERY long time. Per DB Admin handbook, after a SHORT period of listing as deprecated, these are to be deleted. No one has come forward with any info saying still in use, so I deleted them. If they are in use anywhere it must be at a base station only and as backup only. I have not seen a VHF antenna on an ISP vehicle in a very long time, and inside the cruisers I have been allowed to look inside, only the SAFE-T radios.
What tones are being used on the Plan A, and B freqs? And is any different tone in use on the old National Law Enforcement freq than the national guide says to use?

Status
Not open for further replies.