Hoosier SAFE-T thread 2019-

Status
Not open for further replies.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Actually very likely.... Keep an eye on it and expect another one also. Those 2 new sites East of ya. Remember they send out test data for a while first,.. Before an CC even pops online.

WI3EMT

Out of curiousity, has anyone had luck dumping the entire State system into a RS PRO-197? I hand programmed the Marion County and Indy area systems into it, but I travel throughout the state for my vocation, and wondering if this is at all feasible. For what it's worth, I had the ENTIRE Wisconsin state-wide VHF P25 system programmed in when I left there and moved to Indy.

Thanks in advance.

shauno

Premium Subscriber
Anyone know of new sites going up in White and Carroll county? I found FCC listings for them. The one in white county is 700 MHz and the one in Carroll county has different frequencies than the Flora and Monticello sites

shauno

Premium Subscriber
The new talkgroups for Porter County have been submitted for addition to the database. Rumor has it the switchover is supposed to be done by the end of september.

usswood

caught LE-4? (9400486, state DOC ID) on DNR S DISP running license checks? Advised he was at a state park, can't recall which one, so is he working private security for the park?

dfoutch

Premium Subscriber
@1700hrs - Nothing out of Middletown, conv or trk. Don't know if I will hear Knightstown.
No IPSC traffic on Anderson.

INDY72

Could be up north then. I caught it on IGC North as that is the one site you will hear all testing no matter what site is being worked on.

INDY72

And we have confirmation the IPSC does have SOW's but they call them MIRS, with an MCAD in the MCU. So guys, at major events from now on, check to see if you can log the MIRS!

IPSC staff members were busy this past weekend supporting the communications needs for the Grissom Air & Space Expo. The 2 day event with an estimated 45,000 spectators each day required careful planning for the first responders charged with keeping the attendees safe. IPSC deployed our Mobile Intelli-Repeater System (MIRS) as well as Communication Unit Leaders (COML's) and Communication Technicians (COMT). We also debuted our new deployable Mobile Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) which is available to all 92 counties for events or incidents.
Integrated Public Safety Commission - Indiana

WB9EMT

It looks the Porter County Simulcast is online, atleast partially. The current CC is 771.56875. I'm only seeing a handful of voice channels, all in the 700 band. The Valpo site is still online as well. I'll submit a DB update once I can confirm more of the info.

Sdowns46360

Premium Subscriber
The new talkgroups for Porter County have been submitted for addition to the database. Rumor has it the switchover is supposed to be done by the end of september.
Hi I am in Laporte co. and travel daily into Porter county. I would like to pick your brain if I may. The database for Porter list a simulcast site site 08. I have never got any hits on the listed control channel. What I do get a hit and lock on is site 59 Valparaiso. Question is , is the simulcast just not active yet? Also today Oct 2nd, not locking on to the Valpo site so went pretty quiet while in Valpo today until I could get a lock on the laporte simulcast. BTW normally get a strong signal for the Valpo site in Michigan city. DISREGARD found the answer and the new Porter co, CC. Thanks

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.