Hoosier SAFE-T thread 2019-

Status
Not open for further replies.

vocoder

Thanx!
I saw these on a cosole. Also, this was on stand alone site. Might exist but 2 rid users keyed up & tx but never received response. Maybe system blocked.
Do stand alone sites count as buffer for outlying agencies or just simulcast?

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
All sites count. A simulcast counts a s single site, just like an stand alone. There are some TG's that are literally locked down to one site only, some TG's that are locked down to a "region", or "zone", and some that can be used on every site systemwide. You can also lock down areas radios can be active in. Like say on an Fire Department, if they wanted to, they can lock certain RID's to not work outside a specific "Region" or "Zone". Lets say you want the higher ranking guys to know whats going on even if they are down in Indy for some reason, but you do not need E-1 B, C, and D if they have a 4th radio to be able to access every site systemwide. You can lock those other radios down to only the immediate mutual aid area, and if they ran E-1 down to Indy for the IFFIA convention, only the A radio would be able to access the SAFE-T from Indy. Yes the system is set up so everyone can help everyone else out etc... BUT: You don't need every TG in every radio to be dragging data/TG's to every single site they can affiliate with systemwide. That is what the mutual aids are all for. Lets use the IFFIA as an example. There are at least twenty local IN FD's represented there yearly, plus INDHS/EMA folks. If every single radio in every single unit, plus the extra HT's were all on, and accessing every TG they could, there would be no way you could every hope to use the IGC-North site on SAFE-T for ISP, INDOT, INDOC, or anyone else as the limited pathways would be completely blocked up with traffic, and so many busies would be logged, IPSC would literally sweat bullets.

Last edited by a moderator:

vocoder

Thanx! Good thorough description.
This brings on another question, can you go simplex on safe t on your apx or a apx? Is there a talkaround mode that does not use the repeaters but still use the safe t frequencies. Like 853.475 in a simplex mode.
A low power mode?
Or is this why there a bunch of car to car talkgroups?

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Whats you e-mail addy, I will send you something to peek at so you get an idea of how codeplugs in actual radios in use on SAFE-T and IDPS look... There are sets of conventional freqs in each zone/bank, as well as banks/zones for just conventionals 700/800 MHz for talk around, tactical, interop, and if your one of the extremely lucky few that do land an APX8000 or Tait, or Kenwood, or Harris equivalent multi banders, then you also have the VHF's and UHF's....

vocoder

Thanx!

Let me see if i got the other part right.
A safe t simulcast of 5 sites (ant. sites)
Can a user lock on to just 1 of those ant. sites , say ant. site 3?
Or cuz all 5 have the same freqs, this can not be done.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
All those repeater towers are 1 site. All broadcast the exact same freqs, at the exact same time, carrying the exact same traffic in trunking mode. One can set up an conventional talkaround using an single freq, at a single site, or using the whole system. This is usually used as the ultimate fallback for a catastrophic system failure. One can also set up an talkaround direct on the output freqs. But with the 8CALL & 8TAC's set up in all the SAFE-T Radios, and those have repeaters set up Statewide, as well as various 7CALL's, 7LAW's, 7FIRE's, 7MED's, & 7TAC's for use in various zones/regions... It really is the last resort to use the freqs on a stand alone, or simulcast in direct mode.

vocoder

I would imagine using safe t trs output freqs would get walked on quite a bit
Out this way, it seems they favor the 8 tacs for coventionality. I dont think ive heard any 700 conventionals used.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Yep. Even though we do have one of our freqs for IDPS set for talk around it's extremely rare for it to get use.

KC9LQV

When did 29AB get changed from CSXT PD to IPSC Command? Was it never actually CSXT? Does CSXT still have a TG on the system?

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
And Indy VA PD has new APX 8000's.. With the UHF, and both IDPS, and SAFE-T in them. Heard VA checking in on their SAFE-T TG other day and checking in with IMPD just now.

Any idea if they have a DAS for coverage?
The VA police in Minneapolis went from an in house UHF repeater to the public safety P-25 system and within a few weeks they put out a bid for a DAS on fed biz ops. I think we taxpayers coughed up over $70k for it when they had a functioning system to start with.

The system they went on is the same one that had 90+ second channel grant times when the I-35 bridge collapsed

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Looks like the Valpo site has been finally folded into the Porter Simulcast. Anyone confirm?

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
The original P25 codeplug had it listed as CSXT. This was repurposed to be the main ops TG for IPSC Technicians. Originally CSXT, CN/IC, NS and the commuter one up north all were to have TGs. As far as I know currently, there is still an TG reserved for CSX PD in the listings. I do not have the newest codeplug unfortunately for the whole system. There have been MANY TG's that have been repurposed since the change to P25 happened.

jwheatley

Just submitted the following to be added to the database:

New Henry County Site Information

Knightstown Site

Site ID: 0094

774.68125000 (CC)

Middletown Site (Still in testing)

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Hey Shauno or any others up that way.... On the INDOC Westville site, what is the current CC and ACC's? Also, hey Jason, you have the ACC's, Site NAC, Neighbor list yet for Knightstown?

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Ohh.. yeah that is the only other big UGHHHH I have with the Uniden HP's.... No way to feed into UT or Pro96Com! And the analyze does not show all the data that us deep forensic scannists like to get into! I so am gonna get another 396XT, or PRO-96 that has not had "battle damage" so I can get deeper into things again. But yes you can get the site NAC easy on it! Use the analyze feature! Just can not get the ACC's or nieghbors.

Status
Not open for further replies.