Hoosier SAFE-T thread 2020-

Status
Not open for further replies.

brandon10092

I hope this isn't off-topic, but can anyone tell me what has changed on the P25 Safe-T system in the Northwest Indiana area over the last couple years? I have 2 BCD996P2s that always used to receive traffic from both ISP Districts 13 in Lowell and 14 in Lafayette, as well as Newton and Jasper County Sheriffs and Fire all on the Lake County Simulcast Phase I system, which seems to have gone dormant as I haven't picked up anything from it in a long time. Is this used for anything anymore, being that Lake County has their own Phase II simulcast? I've read that Cedar Lake and Schererville have both moved over to this system but I still hear their traffic occasionally over their old VHF frequencies. I understand Porter County municipalities are all now active on the system, and I've been hearing a couple things come over their simulcast including Jasper County Sheriff (TGID 10790). Is that where ISP went too, like the Toll Road District 21 I used to get as well? Sorry for all the questions, I'm just trying to figure out what systems I need to reprogram into my radios to be able to hear all the things I've been missing for the last couple years or so.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Lake has its own P25 Phase 2 simulcast. Porter has a new simulcast for SAFE-T. As does St Joseph. Stueben switched it's system over to be SAFE-T. State uses the Lake County SAFE-T simulcast as do a couple of Local agencies, as well as the other 2 simulcast and there is yet another SAFE-T simulcast being built up there. Take a look at the DB.

INDY72

The map lists all the sites that are built, and are in construction. The Middletown site is built, but may not be online. One of you found signal testing not too far back correct? That usually means the site will be online "soon"... So before next fall. most likely. Anyone down in the "Grand Canyon/Smokey Mountains" of Indiana area AKA Brown County that can make a swoop by the new site and get a glimpse of how far along the new site is, please do so. :) We like site pics.

trido

Retired
Premium Subscriber
Any idea what IU police(not Bloomington campus) uses for ch 2? Just heard them say go to CH 2?

thanks

New found ISDH TG... 21333, unknown if Hospital, or main ISDH Ops.... But with whats happening, ANY ISDH TG is worthy of closer scrutiny.

INDY72

Site 2-84, Brown County live. IPSC techs also been busy last few days testing so possibly the second Henry County site about to finally be live.

cubn

Database Admin
Johnson County talkgroups 10819 - 10823

TG 10821 is used by the City of Greenwood. Heard Greenwood PD and FD on it during the Greenwood Freedom Festival last summer.

I got thinking maybe each of those talkgroups is a local talkgroup for the towns/cities?
10819 Bargersville
10820 Franklin
10821 Greenwood
10822 New Whiteland
10823 Whiteland

west-pac

Does Delaware county have a simulcast system for SAFE-T? I noticed years ago IPSC has a tower site, and the county has 2 additional county-owned tower sites. Delaware county dispatch identifies on SAFE-T with their county issued FCC callsign as well. Just curious how those 3 sites work together, if it's simulcast, and why isn't it reflected that way in the database?

INDY72

Does Delaware county have a simulcast system for SAFE-T? I noticed years ago IPSC has a tower site, and the county has 2 additional county-owned tower sites. Delaware county dispatch identifies on SAFE-T with their county issued FCC callsign as well. Just curious how those 3 sites work together, if it's simulcast, and why isn't it reflected that way in the database?
All 3 are stand alone sites not a simulcast. See the posted map for what sites are what.

west-pac

All 3 are stand alone sites not a simulcast. See the posted map for what sites are what.
The two county-owned sites have the same control channel frequency as listed in the DB. The IPSC site doesn't have that frequency. Both callsigns (IPSC and county-owned) are listed under one site on the DB for Delaware county.

west-pac

You're apparently not understanding that I'm talking about Delaware county, the city of Muncie. Delaware county is NOT Brown county, and Middletown is NOT Muncie.

If they are 3 stand alone sites why isn't there 3 site listings in the DB for Muncie/Delaware county? Multiple counties have multiple stand alone sites, and they're all listed individually, with individual control channel frequencies, etc.. Why isn't Delaware county listed that way?

INDY72

Johnson County talkgroups 10819 - 10823

TG 10821 is used by the City of Greenwood. Heard Greenwood PD and FD on it during the Greenwood Freedom Festival last summer.

I got thinking maybe each of those talkgroups is a local talkgroup for the towns/cities?
10819 Bargersville
10820 Franklin
10821 Greenwood
10822 New Whiteland
10823 Whiteland
You may have just nailed down the "City" TG's for Event Interop for each town.... Hey MATT, with the realignment going on with JoCo, do these fit that scheme?

Status
Not open for further replies.