Hoosier SAFE-T thread 2020-

Status
Not open for further replies.

west-pac

My experience has been the exact opposite. Shorter IDs (e.g. 93001 for State Police Indianapolis RDC) are typically wireline consoles. Longer radio IDs (e.g. 9312345) are mobiles, portables, and possibly control stations. I have four control stations that all are 49xxxxx radio IDs but they are connected to consoles. For those that might not be familiar, a "control station" in commercial parlance is typically a mobile radio used like a base station, such as at a dispatch position or similar.

As for the first two digits of radio IDs you will see on IPSC a.k.a. SAFE-T, numbers 01 through 92 are counties respectively. Areas that use "regional" P25 systems such as the Indianapolis DPS system (formerly known as MECA) that now serves Marion, Hamilton, and Madison counties generally program their subscriber radio IDs in this same fashion, where the first two digits of the subscriber radio ID is the county number. All of these radio IDs are acually issued by the IPSC (state) NOC, and the subscriber radios have a common radio ID across both systems. Numbers 93 through 99 are state and federal agencies. ISP radios seem to be in the 93xxxxx blocks, INDOT, ISDH and I'm sure many others seem to be in the 94xxxxx blocks, and I know there are some federal radios programmed in the 99xxxxx blocks. I haven't personally observed any radio IDs with prefixes 95, 96, 97, or 98 yet, but I'm sure they are out there or will be at some point in the future.

As to wireline console IDs, they generally follow the same pattern on IPSC/SAFE-T. I can't speak to wireline console IDs on the IDPS system outside Marion County, however in Marion County the wireline console IDs seem to all be in the 790xxx range. It is important to remember these were provisioned in 2007-2008 when IDPS upgraded from Type II SmartNet analog to P25, well before the standardization of radio IDs between IPSC and IDPS, which began at approximately the same time IPSC was upgrading from SmartZone Omnilink mixed mode to a true P25 system.

I forgot to add that there are still several "legacy" radio IDs floating around on the IDPS system, at least on Site 1 and possibly Site 2. As far as I know, these are all five digit numbers generally formatted as 1xxxx. Usually these are older radios that may not have IPSC talkgroups.
I concur shorter RIDs appear to be consoles. E.g. 18103, 18104 for Delaware county dispatch, 93115 for ISP Peru Disp.

I just saw a Wells Co Disp RID of 41027, which doesn't seem to fit the general format.

As far as single digit county RIDs having a zero in front of their number, I saw a Blackford county RID yesterday of 510005 which could be misread as (51)(00)(05), when it is actually (5)(10)(005)

west-pac

This morning I heard 2 air medical ambulances and 2 dispatch centers on Flight Watch. I can't recall who the first helicopter and disp center was. It was one of the common central Indiana services, I just simply don't recall which one. The 2nd air ambulance identified (as I understood it) as "JFC-1" and the dispatch center identified as "Air Comm". I've looked through my list of Indiana air medical helicopters and I can't find anything that would translate into "JFC". I may have not heard it correctly. Just curious if anyone else heard that, or may know who it is.

As far as RIDs, all four were 9399xxx. I believe the JFC-1 and Air Comm were 9399103 & 9399104, or vice versa.

With 2 different air medical services have 9399xxx RIDs, I presumed the other air medical services were 9399xxx as well, and looking at the Wiki it appears so. Next time I hear Lutheran Air or Samaritan I'll try to get their RIDs.

usswood

This morning I heard 2 air medical ambulances and 2 dispatch centers on Flight Watch. I can't recall who the first helicopter and disp center was. It was one of the common central Indiana services, I just simply don't recall which one. The 2nd air ambulance identified (as I understood it) as "JFC-1" and the dispatch center identified as "Air Comm". I've looked through my list of Indiana air medical helicopters and I can't find anything that would translate into "JFC". I may have not heard it correctly. Just curious if anyone else heard that, or may know who it is.

As far as RIDs, all four were 9399xxx. I believe the JFC-1 and Air Comm were 9399103 & 9399104, or vice versa.

With 2 different air medical services have 9399xxx RIDs, I presumed the other air medical services were 9399xxx as well, and looking at the Wiki it appears so. Next time I hear Lutheran Air or Samaritan I'll try to get their RIDs.
Kentucky also uses Safe-T close and around the Louisville area... They have several Air Med units using Flight watch also, just FYI... can't recall what their callsigns are, but I have heard them more than a few times!

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
And also, Helos from KY, IL, OH, MO all make flights up to Indy to Riley, Methodist, and University for transfers etc...

KC9LQV

Been getting a ton of hits on unknown TG 2801/10241 on the Putnamville site this morning. All encrypted. All the radio IDs in the conversation seem to be 970FF2/9900018 range.

west-pac

Using DSD+ how do I get a complete NL on P25? The NL seems to populate when listening to active VCs; and continues to populate the more active that VC is, or when a variety of different TGs appear, I'm not sure which.

I was going to submit NACs and NLs for east central and north east sites, but while getting the NL for site 1.50 it populated 7 neighbors, but I know that list is not complete.

INDY72

Been getting a ton of hits on unknown TG 2801/10241 on the Putnamville site this morning. All encrypted. All the radio IDs in the conversation seem to be 970FF2/9900018 range.
Thats federal, fits in the USMS Fugitive Task Force, and what used to be called the HIDTA Strike Teams that combined USDEA, FBI, USMS, and local LEA's in long term surveillance and then raids of drug areas. I have heard a lot of the USMS FTF combined ops in the clear, and a lot with mixed encryption, and every now and then, seen the TG's go full E. There are also Regional SERT, SWAT, ERT groups that not only have Municipal, and County SWAT type ops, but do sometimes also have ISP and Federal guys in them too. As well as regional Narcotics Teams, etc...

Last edited by a moderator:

INDY72

Using DSD+ how do I get a complete NL on P25? The NL seems to populate when listening to active VCs; and continues to populate the more active that VC is, or when a variety of different TGs appear, I'm not sure which.

I was going to submit NACs and NLs for east central and north east sites, but while getting the NL for site 1.50 it populated 7 neighbors, but I know that list is not complete.
Each "Area" should have groups of 7 to 10 sites as far as I can tell. I need to go back and read up on how the ASTRO-25 "Zone" set up works for like "Area", "Region" and "Zone" breakdowns.

stranger46

you're on guard
Premium Subscriber

AirCom is the national dispatch center for Air Methods, and JFK-1 is the "Just For Kids" helicopter from Norton Children's Hospital in Louisville, KY.

Photo of JFK-1

I have a list of Aeromedical RIDs I've discovered that I can share via PM, or if someone can point me in the direction of the proper wiki or DB page.

DiGiTaLD

Lots of activity on TG 12498 on the Greenwood site this evening. 94xxxxx radio IDs so it looks like a state agency. Not in the database and I didn't find it in this thread either.

INDY72

Lot of ISP investigations, Narcotics, and Special Ops running ops in Central IN over the last week or so. Doing drug and want interdiction at check points.

west-pac

I heard ISP Excise police scoping out a business offer tanning Friday night on TG10374.

Status
Not open for further replies.