Hoosier SAFE-T thread 2020-

Status
Not open for further replies.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
OTAR or regroup. 0, thru like 5 are usually special purpose on the very large area systems. 1 is OTAP on SAFE-T

west-pac

OTAR or regroup. 0, thru like 5 are usually special purpose on the very large area systems. 1 is OTAP on SAFE-T
I see the same radio join a neighboring tower every 1-3 minutes on TG 0, on SAFE-T.

INDY72

Could also be the new FN link TG since they linked FirstNet directly to the SAFE-T core.

Rihaave

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone have an opinion on what is the best scanner to get for this new system Indiana is rolling out? Particularly if you were going to listen in Hammond IN

Rihaave

Premium Subscriber
They are now on Project 25 Phase II of the reband here in Hammond IN and I would need a certain type of scanner for that

Rihaave

Premium Subscriber
What is this "New System"?
Story:
Long ago I lived in Hammond IN and had a Radio Shack Pro 528 and could hear Hammond PD/FD but they started Project 25 Phase I of the reband and I lost them
Then I moved and didnt care so much
Now Im back and since they are now in Project 25 Phase II - I wanted opinions on what scanner to get

pwickline

Premium Subscriber
Any one know who 20188 talk group belongs to? I keep seeing it on the Birdseye site out of Dubois County when my computer logs it. RSSI is anywhere freom 650 to 670 if that means anything to anyone.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
They are now on Project 25 Phase II of the reband here in Hammond IN and I would need a certain type of scanner for that
I wonder if you are confusing terms.

Yes, Project SAFE-T has rebanded. That's a process of changing the frequencies used by the system. A list of scanners that can support rebanding can be found here: Category:Rebanding Supported Scanners - The RadioReference Wiki

P25 Phase II is a different matter. Yes, there are plans for SAFE-T to move to Phase II at some point in the future, though we don't know for sure when that will happen. Until then, SAFE-T is still a P25 Phase I system. A list of scanners than can handle Phase II can be found here: APCO Project 25 - The RadioReference Wiki

vocoder

I think he is talking about lake county 911 dispatch, phase2 tdma. Hammond is on this simulcast system.

vocoder

If it is the lake county tdma system you would like to listen to, then you should get uniden sds100 or uniden sds200. These radios work with simulcast and 700mhz phase2, which the said system is.

ACEMA024

I am in Adams County heard traffic on Talk group 10374.. Talking about eating at a local establishment here in Decatur.
1037 links up with hendricks county..
any insight

usswood

Heard unknown ISP TG 10374, talking about an ISP vehicle crash. (Unknown) county called a local wrecker, whereas the 2nd ISP unit said to look on the back on (some) card, for the name of ISP's contracted wrecker service; and use them instead, due to the time of night and cost to tow to Indianapolis. The first officer said he was going to have the commission taken to Knox county (Vincennes) because it was closer than Indianapolis.

I would think that 10374 would have to be a state-wide TG, since I was receiving it off of Marion or Muncie.

10373 and below is Hendricks county,
and the next TG in the DB is 10380, Indiana Dunes National Park Police Disp.

As you can see, this has been ask before...

I am in Adams County heard traffic on Talk group 10374.. Talking about eating at a local establishment here in Decatur.
1037 links up with hendricks county..
any insight

If I where to guess and someone else chime in, with west-pac's info and aceman also, this might be another Indiana Dunes channel, maybe Ops or their Car to Car... It fits if State police are the primary PD for that park, or even if the park PD are just state employed it would explain how this group is able to move around the North Zone

pwickline

Premium Subscriber
Heard 20188 a few more times on Indiana Project Hoosier SAFE-T. Maybe some one from Department of Natural Resources - State Parks for what i could make out? But 20188 doesn't show up there or anywhere else in the Indiana Project Hoosier SAFE-T list or talk groups.

ACEMA024

If I where to guess and someone else chime in, with west-pac's info and aceman also, this might be another Indiana Dunes channel, maybe Ops or their Car to Car... It fits if State police are the primary PD for that park, or even if the park PD are just state employed it would explain how this group is able to move around the North Zone
The units had Regular plates. county code 49......three units all had unmarked 1 charger.. 2 explorers with headliner lights. Have heard them once before. when they left here they went to Fort Wayne and was going to stop by a anytime fitness.. maybe inspectors?

usswood

The units had Regular plates. county code 49......three units all had unmarked 1 charger.. 2 explorers with headliner lights. Have heard them once before. when they left here they went to Fort Wayne and was going to stop by a anytime fitness.. maybe inspectors?
Thought I might have been on to something @milf .... Hey Acema024 or anyone, any radio IDs on those units?

INDY72

Could be narcotics or swat or any number of investigation teams or task force folks. Or excise guys etc.

dfoutch

Premium Subscriber
From UT Anderson site UnKn TGs / Hits(approx) not heard. I have them in the scan list - PSR 600 > PRO96COM 24/7.
( UT < PRO2004 24/7 )
10241 27
10248 25
10374 102
12498 539 ( how can this not be id`d )
12503 16
12513 38
21725 40 Enc
21757 51
21758 11

west-pac

I'm glad you found that earlier post, I had forgot about that. Recently I heard an ISP Excise unit and an unknown ISP unit on that10374 TG. They were en route to observe a business offering tanning bed services to the public, prior to Indiana reopening. That was heard on the Hartford City site. That most recent post should be on this thread, around the May 1st date.

Status
Not open for further replies.