Hoosier SAFE-T thread 2021

west-pac

FWIW, "I am going north to patrol" would be completely feasible to heard on the AEP system, with a wind storm looming. They're probably scouting for potential problems (leaning trees, bent poles, etc..) that could occur later tonight or early tomorrow morning.

west-pac

I was just listening to Lutheran Air 2 talking to Lutheran Air Center on Flight Watch. Lutheran Air 2 was en route to meet up with Lutheran Air 3 at their base in Knox, Lutheran Air 2 decided to abort (unknown reason, likely weather) and return to their base in Wabash. Lutheran Air Center advised Lutheran Air 2 that "OCC" just called and said Lutheran Air 2 may not be able to get back to their base in Wabash since the ceiling has lowered.

Any idea who or what "OCC" is? On-Call Commander?

Edit: Lutheran Air 2 just diverted to the Warsaw airport to wait out the weather.

DiGiTaLD

oops..typo...correct TG is 21763
I'm kind of surprised they are letting those talkgroups affiliate as far out as they are. There are two sites between Greenwood and Columbus (Franklin and Edinburgh). 53IUP-SW seems to be on Greenwood all the time now, and my Unitrunker buffer doesn't show a radio as having affiliated between the time of this post and 1159 today's date. Could be they are doing some testing and forcing them to the site, I guess. They did that a number of years ago with the Knox County talkgroups on the site at the IGC-N.

west-pac

Maybe it's not just a "Columbus campus" TG. That TG may be usable at all IU campuses statewide and their surrounding counties.

Does IPSC primarily use IGC-N? If so I wouldn't be surprised to hear any TG in the state on that site.