Hoosier SAFE-T thread 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

west-pac

FWIW, "I am going north to patrol" would be completely feasible to heard on the AEP system, with a wind storm looming. They're probably scouting for potential problems (leaning trees, bent poles, etc..) that could occur later tonight or early tomorrow morning.

west-pac

I was just listening to Lutheran Air 2 talking to Lutheran Air Center on Flight Watch. Lutheran Air 2 was en route to meet up with Lutheran Air 3 at their base in Knox, Lutheran Air 2 decided to abort (unknown reason, likely weather) and return to their base in Wabash. Lutheran Air Center advised Lutheran Air 2 that "OCC" just called and said Lutheran Air 2 may not be able to get back to their base in Wabash since the ceiling has lowered.

Any idea who or what "OCC" is? On-Call Commander?

Edit: Lutheran Air 2 just diverted to the Warsaw airport to wait out the weather.

DiGiTaLD

oops..typo...correct TG is 21763
I'm kind of surprised they are letting those talkgroups affiliate as far out as they are. There are two sites between Greenwood and Columbus (Franklin and Edinburgh). 53IUP-SW seems to be on Greenwood all the time now, and my Unitrunker buffer doesn't show a radio as having affiliated between the time of this post and 1159 today's date. Could be they are doing some testing and forcing them to the site, I guess. They did that a number of years ago with the Knox County talkgroups on the site at the IGC-N.

west-pac

Maybe it's not just a "Columbus campus" TG. That TG may be usable at all IU campuses statewide and their surrounding counties.

Does IPSC primarily use IGC-N? If so I wouldn't be surprised to hear any TG in the state on that site.

DiGiTaLD

Maybe it's not just a "Columbus campus" TG. That TG may be usable at all IU campuses statewide and their surrounding counties.

Does IPSC primarily use IGC-N? If so I wouldn't be surprised to hear any TG in the state on that site.
I think they used used to at one time. Now that the IPSC CTC is located in Greenwood near I-65 and Main Street, they are probably on the Greenwood site more than anything else.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
That IUPD TG is statewide access. It is in all IUPD radios. You will hear it any site near an IU campus that gets Police presence. This includes Morgan County, Marion with IUPUI, etc...

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
I think they used used to at one time. Now that the IPSC CTC is located in Greenwood near I-65 and Main Street, they are probably on the Greenwood site more than anything else.
Nope still IGC North.Gwood has some funky restrictions.

DJ11DLN

Nothing earthshaking to report but it has been brought to my attention that the Vigo Central/Terre Haute Locution Dispatch system is now being informally referred to by at least some personnel as "Little Debbie." Gave me a good chuckle.

kd9jay

Truck Driver
Premium Subscriber
I’m hearing traffic on talk group 12738 Sounds like traffic control unit call signs I’m hearing is 192 196 and 198 not sure what department it’s on Elkhart County Simulcast sites

west-pac

I’m hearing traffic on talk group 12738 Sounds like traffic control unit call signs I’m hearing is 192 196 and 198 not sure what department it’s on Elkhart County Simulcast sites
Did you catch any radio IDs?.. that could tell which county it belongs to.

IStebleton

Premium Subscriber
I was just listening to Lutheran Air 2 talking to Lutheran Air Center on Flight Watch. Lutheran Air 2 was en route to meet up with Lutheran Air 3 at their base in Knox, Lutheran Air 2 decided to abort (unknown reason, likely weather) and return to their base in Wabash. Lutheran Air Center advised Lutheran Air 2 that "OCC" just called and said Lutheran Air 2 may not be able to get back to their base in Wabash since the ceiling has lowered.

Any idea who or what "OCC" is? On-Call Commander?

Edit: Lutheran Air 2 just diverted to the Warsaw airport to wait out the weather.
OCC is likely Metro Aviation's Operational Control Center down in LA, I've heard that referenced when listening to Metro companies flying

west-pac

201xxx didn’t catch the rest

Elkhart county is county number 20, so it looks like radios assigned to Elkhart county were using that TG. For Elkhart county, RIDs should be either 5 digits or 7 digits....20xxXXX

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Also listen to who they refer to for dispatch. That should help on ID too.

kd9jay

Truck Driver
Premium Subscriber
Figured out it was Goshen PD Providing traffic control for a construction zone at US 33 and College Avenue. So the talk group their using must be a tac Chanel

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
10241.... E... Franklin County? Federal? Task force? Will try to nab rid used.

Status
Not open for further replies.