Hope everyone is stayn high and Dry

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoser147

With all the large rain total Ive seen on the weather channel, Im sure there are lots of people having problems due to flooding. Hopefully nobody here is effected. They were reporting some areas with as much as a foot of Rain. Stay Dry Hoser

RC54730

hoser147 said:
With all the large rain total Ive seen on the weather channel, Im sure there are lots of people having problems due to flooding. Hopefully nobody here is effected. They were reporting some areas with as much as a foot of Rain. Stay Dry Hoser
I know some people who are underwater because of Bear Stearns. LOL.

shaft

Premium Subscriber
Mother Nature decided I needed to have a swimming pool in my basement. I appreciate her intent, but I would rather have an in ground pool outside.

My sump pump died and didnt know it until it was too late. Its just one of those unfortuante things that happen. The pump was working last week so it was just bad timing. So I spent all day pumping out water from my soggy carpets and padding.

hoser147

shaft said:
Mother Nature decided I needed to have a swimming pool in my basement. I appreciate her intent, but I would rather have an in ground pool outside.

My sump pump died and didnt know it until it was too late. Its just one of those unfortuante things that happen. The pump was working last week so it was just bad timing. So I spent all day pumping out water from my soggy carpets and padding.
Had that happen to me a month ago and still dont have everything back in order. Lotta work had to burn a bunch of stuff lived here since 92 never had a problem. Sump pump was working, just the ground was frozen and we got over 4in in a few hours. Best thing I found for the carpet was to go rent a Rug Doctor and use it to remove the water then pulled the carpet up and dried it worked good. Hoser

shaft

Premium Subscriber
This area got hammered with rain the past few days, on top of a a couple inches of snow 2 weeks ago, the ground was soaked. I tried to rent a rug doctor and some carpet dryers but everyone was out of them. I ended up buying a new shop vac and the carpet dryers from home depot.

The shop vac worked like a charm and was able to get all the water up in about 3 hours. Fans are running and hopefully I can get it all dry before mildew sets in.

Status
Not open for further replies.