• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Hopefully my last stupid G series programming question ... multiple conventional channels in one knob slot

Status
Not open for further replies.

sefrischling

Public Information Officer
Hopefully my last stupid question on programming the Unication G series ... I have figured out the learning curve for programming Trunking systems ... now ... how do you program multiple conventional frequencies into a single Knob Position?

I have my frequencies loaded into Frequency & System. I don't want two-tone on this unit for conventional, but have to select 2-tone in Protcols as you can't leave it with no Setting ... what do I have to in Group ID to have 10 frequencies which all have different PL tones, be able to be loaded into a single knob position?

All the videos show them only programming a single conventional channel. I can't be the only person who wants more than one conventional channel in a single knob slot.
I want my dispatch, my TAC, the medics and mutual aid in a single knob. Then another knob for dispatch and all the TAC, another for just Dispatch, Medics and the, medevac , etc etc.

What am I missing?

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
You first need to define your conventional channels into their own zone/key positions.
Then you can select them and add them into a scan list.

So setup a zone.. Key 1 - Dispatch. Key 2 - tack. key 3 - medic. key 4 - mutual aid.

In key 5 you can pick normal scan from the drop down and it will allow you to add z1/k1, z1/k2, z1/k3, and z1/k4 into the scan list.
What I normally do is program in the dedicate frequencies into their own zone, or leave space at the beginning of the zone for the scan list and put the required frequencies later in the zone. Ex, in your example I'd make z1/k1 reserved for the scan list and then shift my example up 1 key, so it would effectively be: Key 1 - Scan, Key 2 - Dispatch, Key 3 - Tac, Key 4 - Medic, Key 5 - Mutual Aid.

floridafuzz

Hopefully my last stupid question on programming the Unication G series ... I have figured out the learning curve for programming Trunking systems ... now ... how do you program multiple conventional frequencies into a single Knob Position?

I have my frequencies loaded into Frequency & System. I don't want two-tone on this unit for conventional, but have to select 2-tone in Protcols as you can't leave it with no Setting ... what do I have to in Group ID to have 10 frequencies which all have different PL tones, be able to be loaded into a single knob position?

All the videos show them only programming a single conventional channel. I can't be the only person who wants more than one conventional channel in a single knob slot.
I want my dispatch, my TAC, the medics and mutual aid in a single knob. Then another knob for dispatch and all the TAC, another for just Dispatch, Medics and the, medevac , etc etc.

What am I missing?
Take a look at this thread also:
Scan List
It was very helpful to me programming conventional channels into my G5. w2lie as well as others helped me getting it figured out properly. Again, thanks to all that have helped me in programming and answering my questions. I hope to help others in return.

N6ML

I don't want two-tone on this unit for conventional, but have to select 2-tone in Protcols as you can't leave it with no Setting

Maybe you figured this out already, but for a conventional FM system, the simple Protocol Type is "CSQ" (Carrier Squelch). You don't have to define it - it's already there (there are no parameters to define for it).

Status
Not open for further replies.