Hopkins County NXDN or P25

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dusco25

madisonville pd freq started making a digital noise tonight

Around 11:30pm this started.. Not hearing anything but that noise??? County sheriff is still coming in..

MPD: 155.625

Well they are coming in now started at 12:40am first since 11:30

Anyone know what could cause this?

Last edited:

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but Madisonville is licensed for NEXEDGE, which cannot be received on any current scanner alone. They have probably switched or are in the process of switching to this digital format.

WPVC653 - MADISONVILLE, CITY OF

Click on the Frequencies tab, then click Emissions.

Note the 8K30F1E and 4K00F1E Emission Designator.

Last edited:

Dusco25

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but Madisonville is licensed for NEXEDGE, which cannot be received on any current scanner alone. They have probably switched or are in the process of switching to this digital format.

WPVC653 - MADISONVILLE, CITY OF

Click on the Frequencies tab, then click Emissions.

Note the 8K30F1E and 4K00F1E Emission Designator.

Well I know my county was switching to digital at some point but from what I read in the news paper it said P25 and in the database I see this... Hopkins County Public Safety Trunking System, Madisonville, Kentucky - Scanner Frequencies So I guess they changed thier mind? And is going with NXDN

Last edited:

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
8K30F1E is P25. 4K00F1E is NXDN.

If your scanner can do P25, program the freq in as P25 and give it a listen. If it is still just an digital growl and your scanner can't decode it, then its NXDN.

ky_fire_man

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone else been listening since this started? I know they have had their original analog repeater linked to a NXDN repeater for a while. I don't follow them much but I don't mind to do a little listening if this is still going on. I travel a lot with work and will try and listen the next time I am within range of MPD.

FYI... as far as the P25... Please don't get this mixed up with the P25 project. MPD has been playing around with NXDN for a while. The P25 is a completely different radio system and project. I know some of the seasoned guys and gals know this but for some of the not so seasoned they may not know or understand.

Dusco25

Has anyone else been listening since this started? I know they have had their original analog repeater linked to a NXDN repeater for a while. I don't follow them much but I don't mind to do a little listening if this is still going on. I travel a lot with work and will try and listen the next time I am within range of MPD.

FYI... as far as the P25... Please don't get this mixed up with the P25 project. MPD has been playing around with NXDN for a while. The P25 is a completely different radio system and project. I know some of the seasoned guys and gals know this but for some of the not so seasoned they may not know or understand.

It has not done it since, but read this.. Does this tell you anything?

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/cassidian-communications-selected-kenwood-usa-120000642.html

Dusco25

Does anyone really know what they will be switching to? This has been going on since 2012.. NXDN, P25, NXDN, P25, NXDN ,P25 Seems like no one knows..Is Hopkins Co so top secret? Does anyone know for sure what they will be using when they go to digital?

Last edited:

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
Merged two threads together.
Please try to keep things like this in one thread.

ky_fire_man

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone really know what they will be switching to? This has been going on since 2012.. NXDN, P25, NXDN, P25, NXDN ,P25 Seems like no one knows..Is Hopkins Co so top secret? Does anyone know for sure what they will be using when they go to digital?

Short version... P25

Longer version below:

Hopkins County will be switching to UHF P25 Trunked, eventually. The system is built with the exception of the link between the 3 sites. That is the hold up at this point. There have been some issues with the latency between the sites and the connection. Once this issue is fixed the system will come online fully and I would assume after some testing a transition to the new system would happen. As far as when I don't really know, I think there are some politics due to the election interfering right now as well, which is very unfortunate.

Not to confuse things but to possibly help clarify here is a little history... When the project was started it was going to be UHF NXDN Trunked tied to the Christian County system but after some research it was found that there is no or limited federal funding for NON P25 equipment. So they backed up and started over.

Dusco25

Short version... P25

Longer version below:

Hopkins County will be switching to UHF P25 Trunked, eventually. The system is built with the exception of the link between the 3 sites. That is the hold up at this point. There have been some issues with the latency between the sites and the connection. Once this issue is fixed the system will come online fully and I would assume after some testing a transition to the new system would happen. As far as when I don't really know, I think there are some politics due to the election interfering right now as well, which is very unfortunate.

Not to confuse things but to possibly help clarify here is a little history... When the project was started it was going to be UHF NXDN Trunked tied to the Christian County system but after some research it was found that there is no or limited federal funding for NON P25 equipment. So they backed up and started over. His house is like 6 houses away from the collage and the tower.. Would a picture help?

I know for a fact the tower in the collage area is done.. My uncle resides in that area.. And it suppose to be P25.. I so not know if they can switch it to NXDN.. I am no expert about these things, just a scanner listener. I can take a picture of the tower and post it if that helps.. It is like 200 feet from his back yard..

ky_fire_man

Premium Subscriber
I know for a fact the tower in the collage area is done.. My uncle resides in that area.. And it suppose to be P25.. I so not know if they can switch it to NXDN.. I am no expert about these things, just a scanner listener. I can take a picture of the tower and post it if that helps.. It is like 200 feet from his back yard..

You are correct, the MCC Site has been live for over a year (or close to it). There is no way to switch it to NXDN. I think the TX antenna is at either 100 or 120 feet, the RX antenna is at either 120 or 150 feet, I cant remember for sure. The link antenna is around 150 feet as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.