Horrible Tropo issues in South Texas today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TxRadioEng

Is it just me or does it seem like in the last three days we have had the worst tropoducting that we have seen in several years? We have stations from all over central and eastern Texas dumping into Houston today!

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Is it just me or does it seem like in the last three days we have had the worst tropoducting that we have seen in several years? We have stations from all over central and eastern Texas dumping into Houston today!

And how is this horrible? You're posting to a scanner hobbyist website. We love nothing more than to hear new things we haven't heard before, from near and far.

mike

wcu02mpa

We live for tropo

I saw a great meme. It was a picture of Tom Hanks in castaway, with beard and long hair. It said..."waiting on ten and six meters to open up". That is me on any day of the week. I am pretty sure that fits the rest of us on here.

DX-300

Ha, I could only dream about skip right now here where I'm at in Alberta, Canada!! It has been exceptionally dismal for the last few months. Usually skip would definitely be expected at this time of the year. In the past,10-meter ham from New York and Texas as well as low band channels from all over but especially Pennsylvania and Connecticut would come booming in.

Syncopations

Hears voices in my head.
I live in South Texas(Nueces County). Some days and nights, I can hear all the way up to Jackson County, Port Lavaca PD, Atascosa SO, and even San Antonio PD. I love it!

SCPD

QRT
The whole fun and adventure in radio monitoring for me is long distance stations coming in on my waterfall on frequencies that normally are line of sight. Brings a smile to my face even if I hear Woodward, Oklahoma weather radio booming in here in Oklahoma City.

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
And how is this horrible? You're posting to a scanner hobbyist website. We love nothing more than to hear new things we haven't heard before, from near and far.

mike

Scanner website? Look again, there's stuff on ham radio, commercial radio and much, much more. Scanners are a big part but by no means is this just a "scanner hobbyist website."

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
mtindor, click on "Discussion Forums" and see the varied topics that are covered. It might amaze you. There are probably some ham people who never even look at the scanner information.

kma371

QRT
mtindor, click on "Discussion Forums" and see the varied topics that are covered. It might amaze you. There are probably some ham people who never even look at the scanner information.

I think he was being sarcastic ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.