Horry County/Myrtle Beach/Grand Strand 155.01??

Status
Not open for further replies.

wa3ysu

Premium Subscriber
I see in the Horry County RR database that 155.01 is noted as a Myrtle Beach police frequency, but the usage indicates "EMS Dispatch".

In the SC Law Enforcement Agency RR database 155.01 is noted as a repeater output, using 156.21 as an input, and described as "Grand Strand Regional Police/SLED CH-7".

Can anyone confirm that 155.01 is indeed in use in the Horry County/Myrtle Beach/Grand Strand area, and whether it is EMS, Police, or both?

Thanks!!

Kel

ocn29rsc

155.0100 is not ems disptch! Horry Co still uses vhf to dispatch fire and ems combined on 154.010 tx and 154.400 RX with a tone of 167.9.

The city was still paging out over 154.220 with a tone also of 167.9, but most of the time the county tones them and then they tone their station.

There is still alot of old vhf freqs listed and most haven't been used since the early to mid 90's.

as far as your other posting about the coast guard I have never tried to listen to them on anything other than vhf ch-16 156.800, 21A 157.050, and 22A 157.100. I used to live there and was heavily involved with ocean rescue and this is what we used to monitor and talk to them with, I moved about 2 years ago but still talk to friends down there regularly and have made several visits since and had no trouble listening to them.

Hope this helps.

J. Cody

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I worked there from 95-99 and heavily monitored the various LE frequencies. I never remember hearing anything on 155.010. SLED used another repeater at the time and MB and the county were already on 800mhz with NMB on 154.860 and later their own 800mhz system.

jeffmulter

Fort Mill, S.C. (just south of Charlotte, N.C.)
Hi, Kel.

At one time, 155.010 / 167.9 R served as the mutual aid channel for law enforcement in the counties that made up SCHP District 5, which includes the Grand Strand area.

It's my understanding that the SCHP has divested themselves of the equipment, as part of their move to centralized SCHP dispatching and communications on the statewide Palmetto trunked system. There are talkgroups for each SCHP district that serve the same mutual aid purpose as their former VHF and UHF channels.

( In my area, District 4, Rock Hill / York County now use the former VHF mutual aid channel for BOLOs and patches to the York County P25 trunked system. )

Although 156.210 is no longer associated with 155.010 in the Grand Strand area, the following licensees are still licensed for 155.010 in that area:

- the City of Georgetown
- Georgetown County
- the Town of Surfside
- the City of Myrtle Beach
- the State of South Carolina (Conway)

Looking at the licenses covering 155.010 for the above entities, I would think they are all using the frequency for a law enforcement purpose.

Myrtle Beach is licensed for repeater, with an input of 155.685.

The State of SC DPS is also licensed for repeater use, but the input is 155.580.

With regards to 156.210, Horry County was granted a license in June to use the frequency for AVL vehicle tracking. ( My "thanks" to the "Fireradio" list on Yahoogroups for recently mentioning this on a frequency updates post. )

Status
Not open for further replies.