Horry County SC

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpm

Going to myrtle beach end of july and was wondering if the horry county fire and ems is on the trunked system or conventional. any help is appreciated and thx in advance. Also the conway pal 800 what is worth listening on it.last time i was there in 2002 when my dad tested the heat detector didn't hear the fir toned out on the horry ciunty trs system.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Horry is on the TRS's. Just to be on the safe side to catch any possible traffic,.. program the Palmetto 800 cell, Myrtle Beach TRS, NMB TRS, and the actual HCTRS,.. all the ID's listed here were correct as of Summer 2003 when I went to MB.

jpm

which pal site conway. did you pickup nmb in mb.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Yes I picked up NMB in MB, and out to 15 miles headed back down towards Charleston. Try any of the local Palmetto 800 cells, and whichever gives you the best reception,.. go with it.

jeffmulter

Fort Mill, S.C. (just south of Charlotte, N.C.)
>> Going to myrtle beach end of july and was wondering if the horry county fire and ems is on the trunked system or conventional.

A footnote - county fire continues to simulcast dispatches on 154.400 / 167.9.

I have not logged county ems / medics in awhile, so I don't know if they are still simulcasting dispatches on 155.295 / 167.9.

Jeff Multer
Fort Mill, S.C.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Most likely YES! Most of the EMS agencies in SC have tg's on the Palmetto 800. You can check all the non trunked likely culprits (med freqs in UHF and VHF) but most likely youll find em on one of the TRS,....

ocn29rsc

Horry County, SC

I work and live in horry county and heavily involved in public safety. I don't know to much about the palmetto system, but do know alittle about the hc trnk syst.

Most of the fire and ems tone out on vhf and do most other traffic on 800 except, surfside fire and migc fire. Both are total vhf but migc has plans of going 800.

All local law enforcement agencies use 800 and myrtle beach and north myrtle are on different systems from hc, however mb's talk groups have remaind the same.

If you need additional info drop me a line.

ocn29rsc

ocn29rsc

Horry County, SC

Yes SB Police uses myrtle beach communications commercial 800 system. I use it on a daily basis and works great! I'don't think I've ever had trouble talking to my dispatcher.

On the HC trnk systm, well thats a little bit different, but not often.

Hope this helps.

ocn29rsc

Status
Not open for further replies.