• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Hospital interference

Status
Not open for further replies.

edwardscott

Hello all;

Wondering if anyone has any tips on how to get around interference, such as in my case, from a local hospital about four blocks away. Whenever mobile in about that radius, constant garble comes over a few conventional numbers I need to keep programmed. Now that I've moved to a distance close to that radius, about every five minutes, about two seconds of really loud garble comes over a frequency on my home base on my small discone set up.

Any tips/ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Edward Scott

P.S. now becoming somewhat of a regular visitor to this website, I should mention how appreciated it is of those who regularly contribute, even for the silliest of questions. This is a great community. Keep up the great work!

I post, you post

mciupa

DB Administrator
Hi Edward , engage the ATTenuation button to control the rogue tx's.
Another thought as well , use PL tones( if known) to filter out other users on same freq.

edwardscott

Thank you...the ATT seems to have helped a lot.
How do you use PL tones? They are in the database, but I've never used them. This is for an old PRO-26....is it even possible?

Edward Scott

mciupa

DB Administrator
edwardscott said:
Thank you...the ATT seems to have helped a lot.
How do you use PL tones? They are in the database, but I've never used them. This is for an old PRO-26....is it even possible?
Edward Scott
Disregard them for your Pro-26 . This feature appeared on later models.

Status
Not open for further replies.