Hospital interference

Status
Not open for further replies.

edwardscott

Hello all;

Wondering if anyone has any tips on how to get around interference, such as in my case, from a local hospital about four blocks away. Whenever mobile in about that radius, constant garble comes over a few conventional numbers I need to keep programmed. Now that I've moved to a distance close to that radius, about every five minutes, about two seconds of really loud garble comes over a frequency on my home base on my small discone set up.

Any tips/ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Edward Scott

P.S. now becoming somewhat of a regular visitor to this website, I should mention how appreciated it is of those who regularly contribute, even for the silliest of questions. This is a great community. Keep up the great work!

I post, you post

mciupa

Hi Edward , engage the ATTenuation button to control the rogue tx's.
Another thought as well , use PL tones( if known) to filter out other users on same freq.

edwardscott

Thank you...the ATT seems to have helped a lot.
How do you use PL tones? They are in the database, but I've never used them. This is for an old PRO-26....is it even possible?

Edward Scott

mciupa

edwardscott said:
Thank you...the ATT seems to have helped a lot.
How do you use PL tones? They are in the database, but I've never used them. This is for an old PRO-26....is it even possible?
Edward Scott

Disregard them for your Pro-26 . This feature appeared on later models.

Status
Not open for further replies.