Hospital talkgroup updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

dr400

This afternoon via the Germano tower I heard a Medflight helicopter talking to Akron General on 31136. They were inbound with a patient. Then Medfilght Com came on the frequency and also talked to Akron General.

Mention this because my listing for 31136 shows it as Cuyahoga Falls General Hospital. If I missed an update in the listings, sorry for the duplicate informaiton.

Dale

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
dr400 said:
This afternoon via the Germano tower I heard a Medflight helicopter talking to Akron General on 31136. They were inbound with a patient. Then Medfilght Com came on the frequency and also talked to Akron General.

Mention this because my listing for 31136 shows it as Cuyahoga Falls General Hospital. If I missed an update in the listings, sorry for the duplicate informaiton.

I've monitored and confirmed 31136 as Akron General several times in the last month or so during the weekly tests. There have been some codeplug errors out there which is what prompted me to verify them all through monitoring.

The list as posted in the database is now 100% correct with the exception of HOS-2502 (the new Dublin Methodist Hospital) which I have not caught yet, and HOS-3701 (Hocking Valley), which I'm 99% sure is correct but have not verified it yet.

wa8pyr said:
I suspect the idea there is that local health departments will forward urgent care information on to ODH. When you start adding urgent care centers you're talking about a likely doubling of the number of assets requiring coordination, and that's really starting to push the limits of span of control (read up on NIMS and you'll see what I mean).

I think ODH is primarily going to be concerned with acute cases requiring a hospital stay.

I thought that only facilities with EMERGENCY Rooms got M.A.R.C.S. Radios.
Do Urgent Care facilities have Emergency Rooms?

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
It's nearly done...

wa8pyr said:
Finished it up today (mostly). Only two left to confirm, Dublin Memorial Hospital in Dublin and Hocking Valley Hospital in Logan.

Only one lone confirmation this week (of the two remaining):

49680 HOS-3701 Hocking Community Hospital (Logan)

For some reason ODH keeps skipping over Dublin Methodist Hospital. I know they're there as I heard them a few weeks ago (but didn't turn around in time to catch the talkgroup on the computer screen).

Guess I'll keep plugging away at that one, lone holdout...

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
JerryNone said:
I thought that only facilities with EMERGENCY Rooms got M.A.R.C.S. Radios.
Do Urgent Care facilities have Emergency Rooms?

An Urgent Care has an Urgent Room....

...but not a MARCS radio.

:)

jerk

wa8pyr said:
Only one lone confirmation this week (of the two remaining):

49680 HOS-3701 Hocking Community Hospital (Logan)

For some reason ODH keeps skipping over Dublin Methodist Hospital. I know they're there as I heard them a few weeks ago (but didn't turn around in time to catch the talkgroup on the computer screen).

Guess I'll keep plugging away at that one, lone holdout...
Maybe they had a bad experience at Wendy's one day... ;)

Man, those are the one that really make you mad. Me the priority always kicks in when trying to catch something like that or the signal fades... or I doze off.

Status
Not open for further replies.