Hostage situation in Macomb IL Farm King

Status
Not open for further replies.

K9JDN

Feed Provider
Madison County, Illinois (STL Metro-area)
According to local news reports I found online a few minutes ago, the gunman evidently took his own life and was found by the police's robot. This was reported at 6:45 PM CST. Reports are that no one was injured in the incident, except for the gunman taking his life, of course.

Did anyone "listen" to the activity in Macomb this afternoon? What were you hearing, if anything? What freqs were active?

K9JLR

There was quite a bit of activity on the local, county and state frequencies, including life flight on MERCI. The city and county VHF and UHF frequencies were buzzing with activity, as was STARCOM 21. The TRT TG's were encrypted, but regular state police traffic was not.

n5ims

Thanks for the info. Since most of my relatives were still at work, they were hard to find so we were a bit worried. They said that they were put on stand-by for a bit at the beginning to provide possible mutual aid which was never officially asked for. According to my cousin, he thought it was just their chief being cautious and making sure that they had the coverage if they were indeed called out.

Status
Not open for further replies.