Hourly Uptime Statistics says i have downtime but feed still working

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandman20

Premium Subscriber
Hi not sure if I have done somthing wrong but my Hourly Uptime Statistics says that I have downtime but my feed is still streaming & my software shows I have not been disconected. Is there anything I can do to fix that. Thanks

dwh367

Hi not sure if I have done somthing wrong but my Hourly Uptime Statistics says that I have downtime but my feed is still streaming & my software shows I have not been disconected. Is there anything I can do to fix that. Thanks

Mine is showing the same thing so you're not alone. If it would have been offline as long as what the stats show, we would have gotten automated emails saying our feeds were down. Long story short, things have went steadily downhill, as far as feed reliability, ever since SA got bought out by RR.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
sandman,

It is possible that the script that pulls the stats had some problems during the times that you are reporting. We are looking into the issue to see why we've seen some misses on stats reporting at some times.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
I'm sure it would be helpful to have specific details, so here ya go. ;) All times CST, and each time it was showing downtime, it was at 50%. The feed itself has had 100% uninterrupted uptime since the morning of 4/20

4/29 - 0400, 1900, 2200
5/1 - 1900, 2200
5/4 - 0400, 0700, 1800
5/5 - 0000, 1400
5/6 - 0100

sandman20

Premium Subscriber
well im glad im not the only one, lol I thought it was my hardware so I went out & bought a new wireless router but it was still showing downtime so I then bought a cat5e & tried running by ethernet & still had problems so I listen to the feed for a whole day & had no disconection but the statistics said I did lol I now know not to rely on the statistics. :)

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Additional glitches:

5/6 - 2100
5/7 - 1400, 1700, 2200

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Yes, I'll be looking hard at this over the following week. Expect that I'll bring the stats process offline during that time and we'll clear out existing stats once the problem looks to be resolved.

I have some ideas around why this is occurring (bugs in icecast stats processes as well as a possible bug in my script that isn't handing the icecast bug properly.)

This issue is a fairly complex problem due to our audio server software and infrastructure, but we'll get it fixed soon.

I'm also able to narrow the times and dates when this is occurring, so I don't need any further time frame updates.

Thanks,

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Fix

Mine is showing the same thing so you're not alone. If it would have been offline as long as what the stats show, we would have gotten automated emails saying our feeds were down. Long story short, things have went steadily downhill, as far as feed reliability, ever since SA got bought out by RR.

Calm down Dave, they will get it fixed!

Ed (KC9LVX)

Last edited by a moderator:
K

kb0nly

I will keep an eye on mine and see if its fixed.. I see that dip in the stats on my feeds also, sometimes while i was sitting here listening on the laptop upstairs, so i know it was up during that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.