hours of silence?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AxelsHumanDad

greetings all. my first post. lots to read and learn here.
I noticed something unusual this weekend. it seems like there was several hours of no communications from my local PD two days in a row, roughly the same time frame both days. I primarily listen to the dispatch for Langlade County, WI on 154.875. Saturday from ~11:00 to ~17:00, and Sunday from ~noon to ~16:00 Central I didn't receive any traffic on this frequency. after these periods of seeming inactivity, everything sounds normal. on Sunday about 16:15 I heard communications like I caught up with the middle of a conversation. specifically, two officers were at a location and the situation was under control. like this had been going on some time and I missed the beginning. I'm wondering what happened to the rest of the radio traffic. two days in a row, with two different scanners. all my other programmed frequencies continue fine. it's just this one that goes "quiet" for an extended period. is there something I don't know about? using a BCT996D on a Spider antenna on the roof, and a RS Pro-23 handheld inside. priority is on both scanners for this freq. any thoughts?
thanks.
Mike

Jim41

Why Hours of Silence

1. You will probably get a better response by posting this question in the Wisconsin Forum.

2. Several possibilities that come to mind for this situation are: (a) The Sheriff's Office was dispatching on another assigned frequency (155.64 Mhz) or (2) The Sheriff's Units were being dispatched by a local city/town located in Langlade County. The transmitter or dispatch office could have been out of serivce because of power failure, equipment failure, upgrading, or relocation work.

Jim

AxelsHumanDad

Jim41 said:
1. You will probably get a better response by posting this question in the Wisconsin Forum.
will do. there isn't much activity there, I thought I'd get more hits here.

Jim41 said:
2. Several possibilities that come to mind for this situation are: (a) The Sheriff's Office was dispatching on another assigned frequency (155.64 Mhz) or (2) The Sheriff's Units were being dispatched by a local city/town located in Langlade County. The transmitter or dispatch office could have been out of serivce because of power failure, equipment failure, upgrading, or relocation work.
Jim
unlikely. I have .640 in both scanners also. I also have all the surrounding counties and communities PD, fire, & ems. it's just that one frequency that went quiet.
thanks again. :)
Mike

CommShrek

I'd cross reference the times that things went quiet with the times that a NASCAR race or football game were on. That's been the cause of silent periods around my area before.

AxelsHumanDad

CommShrek said:
I'd cross reference the times that things went quiet with the times that a NASCAR race or football game were on. That's been the cause of silent periods around my area before.
too much southbound traffic through town on Sundays as highway 45/47 is one of the main corridoors for travel to and from The Northwoods. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.