House Explosion in Central Bucks County

Status
Not open for further replies.
An explosion rocked our house and I turned on the scanner (later than I should have). I was able to figure out a house exploded but not exactly where yet. They did say the homeowners were not home (confirmed with them on the phone) and that the house is GONE. I haven't quite been able to determine the location yet. We live about a mile from a quarry and our house will shake from the blasts from time to time but this one was BIG.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Yeah that propane's a bummer. When I heard the house was reduced to a pile of toothpicks it reminded me of a funny story from years ago.

I'm a retired newspaper reporter and it was my day off, it was actually Super Bowl Sunday. I get a call from the city desk that the nearest photog is in Princeton and there's a big breaking story and since I had great camera equipment they wanted me to go to Bordentown.

A jealous hubby had caught his wife and lover at the house so he turned on the gas in the oven, filled up the house and blew it up, killing all three.

I was annoyed but I said all right what's the address and he gave me the street but I didn't get the house number so I said, which house was it again?

He dryly said... "the one that's blown up"

Thanks for the breaking news, not too many people do it on this forum. Good thing nobody was home or got hurt.

Hey when you hear things in your area that are big go ahead and post them here. Always interesting, thanks.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Yep thanks. It was very widely covered. Slow news day.

Last edited:

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
Thank GOD no one was home, I remember a year or so ago a house exploded right around the corner from where I work, I think that one may have been a natural gas explosion. I could never imagine losing everything my wife and I have worked so hard for but property can ultimately be replaced. Lives can't

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Yeah I've seen a few over the years. They're always propane or natural gas except for one I can remember where a top floor of a five story tenement in Trenton got blown out pretty bad.

A woman had such a roach problem that she set way too many bug bombs off and the gas pilot set them off.

It's always sad when a family is put out of their home by fire. Devastating personal loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.