houston area

Status
Not open for further replies.

koonhatenme

im visiting the houston area for a couple weeks. I got a pro97. if anybody has some freq. that i can monitor around here i would gladly appreciate it.

thanks

kevin

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Mostly it would depend on where you are going to be in the Houston area. Take a look in the database to see what is there and pick what you want.

scanfan03

Premium Subscriber
koonhatenme said:
im visiting the houston area for a couple weeks. I got a pro97. if anybody has some freq. that i can monitor around here i would gladly appreciate it.

thanks

kevin

All HPD/HFD is conventional, along with most unincorporated county VFDs. All Sherrif and Constables on STAR-Net (Southeast Texas Area Radio Network). Let me know what area you will be in, and I will tell you which HPD/sherrif/constable districts you will want to listen to. I may be able to help you with VFDs too.

koonhatenme

im in northwest harris county...cypress area...any help would be nice.. thanks for the replys...

Last edited:

225Texas

Koonhatenme,
Cy-Fair VFD: 453.600
DPS 1 Mobile: 154.680
DPS 1 Base: 155.460
STARNET FREQ. AND TALKGROUPS.
PM me if you need some help.

scanfan03

Premium Subscriber
koonhatenme said:
im in northwest harris county...cypress area...any help would be nice.. thanks for the replys...

Go to the Database on this site, click on texas, then Harris county, then scroll down and click on STAR-Net (Southeast Texas Area Radio Network). Program in the Downtown tower and Tomball tower (in two seperate banks) and then look for HCSO Dispatch 5, HCSO Dispatch 4, HCSO West-A (District 5's TAC), HCSO Southwest-A (District 4's TAC), HCSO TAC-4 (District 4's TAC), HCSO TAC-5 (District 5's TAC), Constables Precinct 4 Dispatch 1 and 2 along with Pct. 4 West. You may want to listen to Metro Traffic 450.7125 (They cover traffic reports for all major highways in the Houston area), Rosehill VFD (159.39) and Waller County VFD/EMS (155.76). You may want to put in all of Cy-Fair's TAC channels too. You may want to put in Cy-Creek EMS (453.125), along with Cy-Creek VFD (453.3) along with COMM-9 (don't know the frequency off the top of my head). Let me know if you have any questions, I will be glad to answer them.

koonhatenme

thanks for all the help 225texas and scanfan03 yall have really helped alot. maybe one day ill be able to figure this stuff out on my own.. until then happy scannin!

DANLINGO

Program in the Downtown tower and Tomball tower?

Go to the Database on this site, click on texas, then Harris county, then scroll down and click on STAR-Net (Southeast Texas Area Radio Network). Program in the Downtown tower and Tomball tower (in two seperate banks) and then look for HCSO Dispatch 5, HCSO Dispatch 4, HCSO West-A (District 5's TAC), HCSO Southwest-A (District 4's TAC), HCSO TAC-4 (District 4's TAC), HCSO TAC-5 (District 5's TAC), Constables Precinct 4 Dispatch 1 and 2 along with Pct. 4 West. You may want to listen to Metro Traffic 450.7125 (They cover traffic reports for all major highways in the Houston area), Rosehill VFD (159.39) and Waller County VFD/EMS (155.76). You may want to put in all of Cy-Fair's TAC channels too. You may want to put in Cy-Creek EMS (453.125), along with Cy-Creek VFD (453.3) along with COMM-9 (don't know the frequency off the top of my head). Let me know if you have any questions, I will be glad to answer them.

Hi,
I am here in Cypress, Tx. still trying to figure out what frequencies to program. Could you tell me what it means to Program in the Downtown tower and Tomball tower (in two seperate banks) and where to find those frequencies and are those Trunk control frequencies?
Thank you,
Dan

scanfan03

Premium Subscriber
Hi,
I am here in Cypress, Tx. still trying to figure out what frequencies to program. Could you tell me what it means to Program in the Downtown tower and Tomball tower (in two seperate banks) and where to find those frequencies and are those Trunk control frequencies?
Thank you,
Dan

First of all, what kind of scanner do you own? Second of all go to the Radioreference wiki and read up on trunking here: Trunking Basics - The RadioReference Wiki. If you still can't figure it out, post back with your questions.

While in the wiki you can navigate to the Motorola trunking type II pages because that is what Harris County is on. Also you can get general information about your scanner in the RR wiki.

The link to the database I was talking about in my earlier post is on every page on Radioreference at the top of the screen named "database", you can't miss it. That is where you can get all of your frequencies and talkgroup information.

Oh and I forgot to mention, the control channel frequencies are on the STAR-Net page under the database and they are in blue and red.

I hope this helps, like I said, if you have anymore questions feel free to ask.

DANLINGO

Hi,
Thank you. I have a pro-164. I just bought it and it is in the mail on the way. I am looking forward to it. I see what you mean now. It is the control frequencies, right? I am looking for interesting new frequencies in Cypress, Tx.
Thank you,
Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.