Houston County Sheriff ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

ibflat2

on Jan 5th 2010, about 1pm I heard dispatch for HCSO tell all units to "switch to NEW DISPATCH CHANNEL" and then its gone. All I hear is the dump truck company, the cotton gin with the "Russian drivers" and the heating and cooling company on the channel..

Any idea of what the new system is, and all that. Did they go over to the City system on the digital system.

Gonna see if I can track down a few freinds and see if they can shed a light on it

ServerDoc

Premium Subscriber
Houston County Sheriff Moving

Houston County Sheriff is installing their own UHF LTR Trunk System and moving off the Business Shared LTR trunk system. They are having some bugs to work out, but will be on their own new frequencies (UHF) LTR system. You will have to search the 450-455 mhz range. Thanks God they DID NOT move to the New Dothan City P25 digital and encrypted system. They do have radios on that system (for inter agency communications)the Sheriff elected to keep thir own so he would have total control of it.

Have fun listening!!!

Serverdoc
Dothan Al

millam

Old Radio Guy
Premium Subscriber
Houston Co SD

Heard them today on 454.625. Set them up as a LTR LCN 18. Heard 2 different sets of conversations. One was on unit id of 10, the other was 20. 00-18-010 and 00-18-020. LTR Analyzer shows them talking
on lcn 18 with lcn 2 and lcn 10 being idle. I assume there are 2 more frequencies used but I haven't
found them if this is indeed the correct assumption.

BamaHondaBoy

You there are 3 freq. and 3 groups primary, info channel, and car to car

repeater 2 454.075
repeater 10 454.350
repeater 18 454.625

Status
Not open for further replies.