Houston County

Status
Not open for further replies.

dallascowboys

Premium Subscriber
Good Evening,
Can someone please tell me what counties in Houston County that can not be monitored, I have the BCD436HP and am trying to set my scanner up.

Thanks and Happy Easter to all

drummer2015

Houston County is moving to the new EMA Communications Center with the City of Dothan. Houston County is going to a totally new radio system. It is supposedly a system that may not be able to be monitored. All sheriff, police, (except Dothan) and rural fire depts. will be on the system. The changeover is in mid May. I have found no information available on the new system.

dallascowboys

Premium Subscriber
Ok thank you for the information, I have heard that Geneva Co. and Henry Co are no longer able to hear they switched to NXDN is this true ? again thanks for the info.

dallascowboys

Premium Subscriber
Again thanks for the info, I was looking at my newspaper this new system is a $ 5 million Emergency Operations Center with a $ 2.3 million digital radio upgrade. Technicians from Motorola was testing the new system, The police and 911 dispatchers started receiving calls at the new center at 4am on 4/11/17.
The County will be at the new system May 17, and the Emergency Management Agency will move in on April 26. A little info for everyone hope this helps someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.