Houston, Jet Crash Just Happened

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Houston, Jet Crash Just Happened

Story just aired live on Fox2News Michigan

Really weird! Even though the jet is totally burned to the ground, all passengers survived and only one injured! Maybe there is a God!

Last edited:

a417

Really weird! Even though the jet is totally burned to the ground, all passengers survived and only one injured! Maybe there is a God!
I wouldn't say 'weird', i would say 'best case scenario'.

Happend in a low energy phase of flight, near flat-ish ground, and near the airport - pilots training, instinct and safety aspects of plane design all helped everyone survive. Kudos to that flight crew, had one thing gone different - they'd not be going home tonight, nor anyone else on board.

musicman476

RR DB Admin
Database Admin
I wouldn't say 'weird', i would say 'best case scenario'.

Happend in a low energy phase of flight, near flat-ish ground, and near the airport - pilots training, instinct and safety aspects of plane design all helped everyone survive. Kudos to that flight crew, had one thing gone different - they'd not be going home tonight, nor anyone else on board.
And keep in mind that much of the fire we see the results of happened after most/all the passengers & crew evacuated. As a survivor of the 1999 MD-80 crash in Little Rock, I can tell you that that the smoke that results from a crash like that is some of the thickest, nastiest, lung-clogging smoke you can imagine. I hope the pax onboard didn't have to inhale too much of it before evac...

Status
Not open for further replies.