Houston questions....

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Is Willowbrooke Mall near 249 north of Beltway 8 in Houston or Harris County?
Which agency is responible for servicing that area?

>> Update, I think I found the mall being in Harris County District one Patrol N55 and on Starnet radio system, Is this correct ?

Which agency patrols the freeways on Beltway 8 near the airport

Is the Bush Airport in Houston or Harris County or ?

I ask as I will be visiting Houston next week for the first time and In the process of programming up my scanner.

This all sounds more like a geography question than radio :)

Doug

Last edited:

bpckty1

Is Willowbrook Mall near 249 north of Beltway 8 in Houston or Harris County?
Both. The city annexed the mall and the surrounding area a few years ago. So, you
need to put HPD Northwest Patrol, and Borgnet's Harris County Sheriff Districts 5 and 1, and the Harris County Constable Pct 4 (Dispatch 1 and West) in your scanner.

See above. In many cases, it depends on which neighborhood you are in and which side of the road you are on.

Houston Police Northeast and Special Ops (traffic division), DPS. Borgnet's HCSD District 2, and HCCO-4 (East), and sometime Metro PD.

Is the Bush Airport in Houston or Harris County?
Houston, HPD Airport Police.

Just check the Harris County Page and follow the links to Borgnet (oops, Starnet) and City of Houston/Houston Police Department.

Happy Scanning

Wayne

Premium Subscriber
If you are interested in monitoring Willowbrook Mall security, try 464.325 pl 179.9.

Wayne

SCPD

QRT
bpckty1 said:
Is Willowbrook Mall near 249 north of Beltway 8 in Houston or Harris County?
Both. The city annexed the mall and the surrounding area a few years ago. So, you
need to put HPD Northwest Patrol, and Borgnet's Harris County Sheriff Districts 5 and 1, and the Harris County Constable Pct 4 (Dispatch 1 and West) in your scanner.

See above. In many cases, it depends on which neighborhood you are in and which side of the road you are on.

Houston Police Northeast and Special Ops (traffic division), DPS. Borgnet's HCSD District 2, and HCCO-4 (East), and sometime Metro PD.

Is the Bush Airport in Houston or Harris County?
Houston, HPD Airport Police.

Just check the Harris County Page and follow the links to Borgnet (oops, Starnet) and City of Houston/Houston Police Department.

Happy Scanning

Thank you so much this is perfect.
Doug

scanfan03

Premium Subscriber
Harris county constables precinct 4 has a contract with the tollroad for the unincorperated part of the north sam west and west sam north (when you get here, it will be from 290 to ella rd.). Harris county sheriff district 2 is east of 45 and district 1 is west of 45 to 249, then district 5 goes from 249 to 529 (practically way out of your area). HPD Northwest patrols 249 and 1960 (the Willowbrook area) and North Shephard patrols 45, and Northeast patrols the airport area. If you are on airport grounds, HPD has their police contract and they are dispatched on the Bush or Hobby channels (both are simulcasted). I believe Bush opps are still on STAR-Net, but I am not sure. Also you may want to listen to METRO Traffic on 450.7125 (can't remember the pl), they can look at the cameras on all major highways and dispacth wrecks/natural and weather disasters to all of the media networks in the houston area subscribed to their service.

Willowbrook mall is in Houston, but if you go east of Cutten rd. on 1960, west of Mills rd. on 1960, south of the train tracks on 249 (just north of the belt), or north of Grant rd. on 249, you are in the county. Kind of messed up isn't it? It's like a little 5 square mile (if that) island out there.

I know some of the stuff bpckty1 said a lot of this, but I just elaborated a bit.

scanfan03

Premium Subscriber
Also, for Fire departments, obviously Houston city limits is going to be HFD, but for unincorporated Harris county it is all volunteer. The VFDs are all conventional and you are going to want to listen to Cy-Creek EMS (45 to west of 249 north of willowbrook), Cy-Creek VFD (west of 249 north of willowbrook), Champions VFD (east of 249 on 1960), Northwest VFD (area partially the same as ESD) and ESD-1 (ESD being EMS South of the train tracks on 249)

225Texas

I would not put 450.7125. Although it is very informative, it gets very old listening to their conversations about other things, other than traffic! Not such a great channel for scanning!

scanfan03

Premium Subscriber
225Texas said:
I would not put 450.7125. Although it is very informative, it gets very old listening to their conversations about other things, other than traffic! Not such a great channel for scanning!

They talk about some cool stuff though, I would stick it in an extra scanner if you have one, they will let you know of a traffic hazard on the freeway or a natural/weather disaster. That's why I told him about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.