Houston vacation info needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barney6

Premium Subscriber
I will be travelling to Houston next week and I need some info on how to program my BCD396xt with the Txwarn systems. I will be programing it with ARC-Pro XT. I will be staying near Hobby Airport and will be going to an Astros game. My questions are: What tower should I use for the Hobby area and what HCSO area is that? I have the Downtown area figured out I believe. Also, should I program the Txwarn P25 system as well? Thanks in advance, Chuck.

N5AMS

ok for hooby area and to monitor HCSO you can either use the analog side orf TxWarn or the P25 side

the towers for P25 are Houston Simalcast and hobby airport site i can't confirm if the hobby site has anything going through it but its worth a shot.

for the analog side you will need the following sites downtown and most likely pearland. You maybe better off with pearland because of the location of the downtown site also a side not all analog sites are rebanded

motorola_otaku

Premium Subscriber
HCSO doesn't patrol around Hobby Airport. You want HPD B12 (453.9) for the airport itself and A3 (460.025) for the surrounding area. Precinct 8 Constables also work traffic enforcement in that area, with the best coverage coming off the Pasadena analog tower.

As far as downtown goes, you want HPD A6 (460.1) and Metro PD on the P25 system. Ops for all the downtown arenas and stadiums are initially coordinated on HPD A7 (460.35) until the officers are issued radios used by the venue itself. Minute Maid Park still uses UHF conventional, which can be found on the "Downtown" page for Harris County.

Status
Not open for further replies.