how about a "My Posts" link

Status
Not open for further replies.

pogbobo

every morning when I get to work (don't tell my boss :)) I hop on the RR forums and do the following:

first, I click the New Posts link and sift through those for a while

second, I click on Search -> Advanced Search, and type in my user name ... this is to see if any of the threads I have posted in have had any new posts.

Now, there has got to be a better way :cool:

So, I suggest a link, possible under the Quick Links menu, that is dynamic for each user and will let them quickly and easily check all of the threads they have posted in, similar to the results you would get from using the advanced search and typing in your user name ...

just a suggestion, what do yall think?

(And I know how to subscribe to threads :roll: I just believe it to be impractical to subscribe to every thread I have ever posted in :D)

pogbobo

I could ... but that link results in this:

search1.jpg

-----------------------------------

while this is what I would prefer, and is also the result of Search -> Advanced Search, my user name

search2.jpg

----------------------------------

I guess I'm just too picky ... but you have to admit that the second result set is way easier to read and sort through :) imho of course

pogbobo

I do not believe that is possible ... because the Advanced Search uses the searchid=xxx format which as I understand it is dynamic ... i.e. it changes every time I perform that advanced search, assuming there are updated threads contained within that search ... unlike the link that Lindsay posted which uses more static variables .... again, this is my understanding of the system, if I'm wrong then correct me please :p

wlmr

Have you tried the "Quick Links" drop down?

Under Miscelleneous, Click "Subscribed Threads"

Shows me every thread I've posted in for a long ways back.
(I'd forgotton what some of the threads were even about, let alone what I'd contributed!)

Let us all know if it works.

pogbobo

for me it just shows the 30 or so threads that I have actually subscribed to ... not all of the ones I have posted in

wlmr

for me it just shows the 30 or so threads that I have actually subscribed to ... not all of the ones I have posted in

Huh!

Maybe the difference between us is I haven't subscribed to ANY threads so it's showing every thread I've ever posted in?!?

Actually, the first time I clicked on that link due to curiousity, I figured I would get the "Premium subscriber only" message. I concluded that "subscribed" = "posted in".

Time for someone with more info to help out, I'm out of ideas. Good luck.

dangitdoug

My posts!!

It's already here.
Click on your screen name.
Go over to the right side and click on Show Statistics.
Look back to the left again and you will see a link for all your posts.

Doug K

pogbobo

the whole point of my suggestion was convenience ... it takes even more work/clicks/page loads to get to that link than it does to do the Advanced Search ... thanks for the info though :)

dangitdoug

Try this

2 clicks
#1 Click on your screen name right here on the post.
#2 Click on Find All Post By Pogbobo

If two clicks is too much work then I don't know what to tell you.

mciupa

Database Admin
Tsk,tsk ... logging in at work
011.gif

Do you realize if everyone did this you are losing a 0.5 Full Time Equivalant Employee.

Okay, I admit I wait until everyone goes to break or lunch before I check in. :p

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
I would suggest subscribing to threads you have an interest in getting replies from. You can configure this to automatically happen on each post.

When you no longer want to subscribe click Thread Tools and unsubscribe.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Huh!

Maybe the difference between us is I haven't subscribed to ANY threads so it's showing every thread I've ever posted in?!?

Actually, the first time I clicked on that link due to curiousity, I figured I would get the "Premium subscriber only" message. I concluded that "subscribed" = "posted in".

Time for someone with more info to help out, I'm out of ideas. Good luck.
Actually you are subscribing to every thread you post in. Check your UserCP options. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.