How About A Scanner with a Removable Face Plate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ishmole

Premium Subscriber
Been thinking...I have just about enough room in my truck to install my Uniden 996P2
Has there been any talk, or is there already out there a scanner that has a removable face plate for remote mounting? The space in new cars is very limited and this would be a welcome addition.

Mike

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
The 436 is about the size of a faceplate, just vertical instead of horizontal.

ShyFlyer

Premium Subscriber
I think if Uniden were interested in a removable faceplate on a base/mobile scanner, they would have done it with the 536HP. Instead, they went with a smartphone app compromise.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I have a 536 in my vehicle and use a de-commissioned iPhone 4 (with Siren App) in a charging cradle attached to the dash as a remote control head. Unfortunately I still have to get to the scanner to control the volume.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
I have a 536 in my vehicle and use a de-commissioned iPhone 4 (with Siren App) in a charging cradle attached to the dash as a remote control head. Unfortunately I still have to get to the scanner to control the volume.

The Android version controls the scanner Volume.

Citywide74

Premium Subscriber

I can control the volume through my app.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Guess they made up for the Android wait by doing volume control. I've got my iPhone muted anyway so as to use an amplified external speaker to overcome road noise.

Status
Not open for further replies.