How about a Siren App status update?

Status
Not open for further replies.

drdiesel1

I'm surprised RR has let you go on this long

Even on the ignore list your still forced to read the trolls quotes and the "This message is hidden" posts scattered everywhere.

I've let my premium sub lapse due to his activity, really brings the quality of the entire site down below acceptable levels.

Voyager

Forced. ROFLMAO!!! Yea - you're FORCED to read things. And you you call me a troll...

D

darunimal

Sorry for sharing knowledge. If it offends you, feel free to look the other way.

And yes, there are some features that are not what some want them to be.

You take out the ignition source before putting out the fire (to put it in firefighting terms).

"Sorry for sharing knowledge. If it offends you, feel free to look the other way. "
THIS IS THE VERY DEFINITION OF TROLLING

take out the ignition source before putting out the fire
THATS UNIDEN J.O.B. finish the product to it's full fruition. If you can't speak for them DON"T, they have a paid spoken as a member here on Radioreference, you know, we know your opinion.

Stop being the IGNITION source when someone complains about a product they purchased, its like you (VOYAGER) are the one putting a match to the fuel (Unidens slow ardgeous trudge to product-feature flushing out)

Last time I checked you can put out the ignition source and still have flames, you might want to try and get rid of the fuel and oxygen. Remember it takes 3 to make flames Dance. and you sure are NOT being the water!

Voyager

"Sorry for sharing knowledge. If it offends you, feel free to look the other way. "

If the sharing of knowledge is the definition trolling, and trolling is not wanted on these forums, WHAT is the purpose for this forum?

Obviously, your definition is not aligned with everyone else's. (insert image of utter shock here)

As for me, I will continue to share knowledge and help others. If you are offended, take my advice above.

Voyager

Look in your trash folder. Your ITunes may have deleted the old IPA (actually, it would have it it DLs a newer version). Every so often, I search for trashed IPAs and back them up. More than once it has saved me from a buggy newer version of an app.

Boatanchor

Yawn...

Is this still an issue?

Like it or not, Uniden has obviously moved on to newer projects/higher priorities.

Uniden will come out with another new 'top tier' product before they complete the x36HP 'roadmap'.

It is, what it is..

Last edited:

wise871

Database Admin

take out the ignition source before putting out the fire
THATS UNIDEN J.O.B. finish the product to it's full fruition. If you can't speak for them DON"T, they have a paid spoken as a member here on Radioreference, you know, we know your opinion.

Stop being the IGNITION source when someone complains about a product they purchased, its like you (VOYAGER) are the one putting a match to the fuel (Unidens slow ardgeous trudge to product-feature flushing out)

Last time I checked you can put out the ignition source and still have flames, you might want to try and get rid of the fuel and oxygen. Remember it takes 3 to make flames Dance. and you sure are NOT being the water!

He knows exactly what he's doing. You don't get almost 11k post in the short amount of time like he has. Most of his post are challenging other RR members comments. Like many others I have also added him to my ignore list. I just wish the feature also blocked quotes. We no longer see post from long time subscribers because of this mess. He's not even a paid subscriber.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eaf1956

Feed Provider
.APK files are Android apps. Iphone/Ipad apps. have .IPA extensions.

OK my main phone is a Samsung S7 Edge so I am use to Android not IOS. In other words I did not know what extension IOS used for APPs. It seems like an android APP will never happen so I have to deal with IOS on an IPOD.

BigC801

Voyager, give it a rest and move on to someone else's topic. I'm surprised RR has let you go on this long and your not even a subscriber. There have been some great discussions over the last year until you step in with your infinite wisdom. You always seem to have an answer for everything and frankly it's getting tiresome. I started this topic and I welcome everybody's opinion except yours. Might as well move this topic over to the tavern now.

Back to the original question. We as 536 users would like an answer on when the Siren App will be updated for both IOS and Android. Many of us payed $$$ just for that ability and after 2 years it would be nice to get an answer.

This^ ..... But I found the ignore button did wonders for my for my sanity!

scanboyca

Siren on Android in 2016?

Has anyone noticed Upman's mention about the Android Siren app in yesterday's DMR announcement? "WiFi connectivity with iPhone and Android Apps (BCD536HP only, Android App coming in 2016)".

Android App coming in 2016? Bring it on!

rcool101

Feed Provider
Has anyone noticed Upman's mention about the Android Siren app in yesterday's DMR announcement? "WiFi connectivity with iPhone and Android Apps (BCD536HP only, Android App coming in 2016)".

Android App coming in 2016? Bring it on!
Yea, I saw it. I don't think you'll see anybody jumping through hoops though. It's been on the bucket list. The bucket is full of holes.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

omrail

scanboyca I did see it but I also saw this

"Disclaimer: The above constitutes a pre-announement, which includes details as we know them today, but which might change based on technical, legal, economic, or other unforeseeable issues that could arise. No portion of this pre-announcement should be considered as a legally binding obligation to perform on Uniden's part."

scanboyca

Legal weasel small print

Good to see Uniden is hedging their bets on their latest product announcement by including a disclaimer.

I don't understand how Uniden can contintue to suggest Android compatibility in good conscience without having a Siren app available... especially after all the fallout from the original app availability promise in 2014. Coming in 2016 / disclaimer or not, this isn't a way to create trust with their customers.

Status
Not open for further replies.