How about coffe???

Status
Not open for further replies.

HDMechanic

How does the 29th of May work out for everyone. Same place same time. A new comers are also welcome. Will bring the PSR500 for anyone intrested in checking it out.

mark2117

Sorry booked up that day... tbird I think I saw you in the pits on the first night of secret street.

HDMechanic

That would be awsome if you could stop by Jay911. Need to ask lots of questions about unitracker and how to set up the new scanner on it. Im shure a few of the other members would like to meet you two. We had a good turn out last time. Hopefully Calgarytoad and Heinz david can make it as well.

yyc_tbird_sc

Mark...that was me in the pits, I'll be doing tech and working the start line again this year. Stop by and say hi...stick around for a good smoke show on a weekend!

Secret Street is organized drag racing for whoever wants to bring their vehicle (bikes included) out to Race City and see what they can do on the drag track. Every friday night. Every other wednesday is held for "race prepped" cars (ie. full slicks and tons of power). Unfortunately we got rained out last week for both secret street and the race car night. I'm hoping this week is a little better.

Jay....could you do me a favour? Could you look into seeing if you can find the paging frequency for CALSARA (calgary search and rescue) and their tones? and I'll catch up to you at the diner and buy you a coffee.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
yyc_tbird_sc said:
Unfortunately we got rained out last week for both secret street and the race car night. I'm hoping this week is a little better.

Wusses! I was shin-deep in mud, water, and gravel all weekend on the Rocky Mountain Rally. I'm still trying to rinse myself and my gear off. :)

yyc_tbird_sc said:
Jay....could you do me a favour? Could you look into seeing if you can find the paging frequency for CALSARA (calgary search and rescue) and their tones? and I'll catch up to you at the diner and buy you a coffee.

I'm not a coffee kind of guy, but I'll take a soft drink. ;)

CASARA is licensed in Alberta for 123.1 and 411.4125. I mistakenly thought that the UHF freq was an MDMRS channel, but I'm evidently mistaken, as CASARA is the only Alberta licensee. As for the airband freq, it appears to be commonly used in western and northern Canada for SAR purposes, with licensees in our area consisting of just CASARA and Nav Canada at the airport.

I've never listened to the (UHF) frequency before so I don't know if there's a two-tone system on there or what. It's a repeater; I'll plug it into my scanner and see what I come up with.

If you do the same, and can record any tones you hear, I can figure out their values pretty easily.

mark2117

Yeah I snuck down to the pits on Friday for a short time to shoot some footage, I'm the guy (with no wrist band of course)that has the video camera with the oversized microphone on it. I made it for the weekend also but didn't bother this past weekend for obvious reasons. I try to make it out every week like I did last year.

heinz_david

Premium Subscriber
I'll be there - keep the coffee warm - and not by sitting on it either. The bubbles you create don't sweeten it.

Ta Ta

SCPD

QRT
So it sounds like ill have to come, if everyone is coming that will be great! Ill bring my 500
and my notebook with my programing on it ok hd?

6:30 7ish?

HDMechanic

Thank CT. I will have the new toy with me. Mabe you can show me how to use Unitrunker with it. Im totally lost. Tried everything that they say with no luck.

mully

Darn!!!

Darn... just finished work or I would have been one of the newcomers.

With lots of help from board members, I've managed to get my BC246T up and running -- great radio. Looking forward to meeting some other Calgarians.

Next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.