AR-DV10 How AOR Tried to Botch The Frequency Drift Hardware Design Fault

Status
Not open for further replies.

c0ne

Man do these guys really ever test and use in real life before putting these on the market....
Testing in the field i doubt, prolly just a clean lab signal.. and not longer than a hour, otherwise they would have noticed it drifted off. In one e-mail they stated they dont have life DMR signals in Japan, so that kinda answers that.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Lets hope so, 4/5 years after release date they still ship the DV1 with a noisy switching power supply, so we will see. if you ever buy a DV10 make sure you buy a ferrite core aswell, because they still like to cut corners.

I couldn't agree more considering I started the threat regarding the issue with the AR-DV1. I didn't like it, but it's no different than the antenna that every scanner comes with, almost useless. Yes they all cut corners, but I' rather not pay even more for any radio to still comprimise with a power supply or antenna that I still might not even use. It might be better to not include an antenna or AC adapter and let the buyer use what they already have and probably better off using. Or offer those items as seperate accessories rather than pay for them just to toss them in a drawer or box.

c0ne

I couldn't agree more considering I started the threat regarding the issue with the AR-DV1. I didn't like it, but it's no different than the antenna that every scanner comes with, almost useless. Yes they all cut corners, but I' rather not pay even more for any radio to still comprimise with a power supply or antenna that I still might not even use. It might be better to not include an antenna or AC adapter and let the buyer use what they already have and probably better off using. Or offer those items as seperate accessories rather than pay for them just to toss them in a drawer or box.
Well regarding the antenna, AOR suggested this was the best match for the receiver, they even claimed the receiver was fine tuned for it. My point is not that much about the antenna actually but mainly about bs they feed their customers. The drift for example, at first they did deny that, and after being presented with proof people got legal threats and marlbrook his DV1 software was removed from their software listening, its this attitude that pisses me of.

Last edited:

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Well regarding the antenna, AOR suggested this was the best match for the receiver, they even claimed the receiver was fine tuned for it. My point is not that much about the antenna actually but mainly about bs they feed their customers. The drift for example, at first they did deny that, and after being presented with proof people got legal threats and marlbrook his DV1 software was removed from their software listening, its this attitude that pisses me of.

I'm not defending anything they're saying or doing, but I hesitate condemning them either. I'm not in a position to do so as I don't know the whole story or any of the facts. Keep in mind people you and others are talking to may not even work for AOR directly. You're talking about individuals that may just be contractors to translate communications between Japan and customers that do not speak the language and a lot can get misinterpreted or lost in the process. Time will tell. RR members have had similar experiences with Uniden, GRE, Radio Shack, Whistler, ICOM, the list goes on. On the average it seems things get worked out in the end.

None of the radio manufactuers stand anything to gain by pissing off customers and ignoring their complaints. Although it often appears that way some times.

c0ne

I'm not defending anything they're saying or doing, but I hesitate condemning them either. I'm not in a position to do so as I don't know the whole story or any of the facts. Keep in mind people you and others are talking to may not even work for AOR directly. You're talking about individuals that may just be contractors to translate communications between Japan and customers that do not speak the language and a lot can get misinterpreted or lost in the process. Time will tell. RR members have had similar experiences with Uniden, GRE, Radio Shack, Whistler, ICOM, the list goes on. On the average it seems things get worked out in the end.

None of the radio manufactuers stand anything to gain by pissing off customers and ignoring their complaints. Although it often appears that way some times.
sadly i know the facts, since im in it. Whenever your DV1 would start to have issues you will deal with same people. Anyways time will tell, so far almost a year past since the problems started. Ps. All communications were done directly with AOR Japan

G7HID

sadly i know the facts, since im in it. Whenever your DV1 would start to have issues you will deal with same people. Anyways time will tell, so far almost a year past since the problems started. Ps. All communications were done directly with AOR Japan

Whenever I have communicated with AOR Japan it has been answered by the same name, if this is one person or a default reply name used by many I don't know, but by the style of reply I would guess it is one person..

Mike

c0ne

Memory corruption occurred after adding a few frequencies to the PASS list, resulting in a 4.16k stepping that remained persistent after reboot. Full reset is the only option.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Whenever I have communicated with AOR Japan it has been answered by the same name, if this is one person or a default reply name used by many I don't know, but by the style of reply I would guess it is one person..

Mike

What about their people in CA?

grosminet

Memory corruption occurred after adding a few frequencies to the PASS list, resulting in a 4.16k stepping that remained persistent after reboot. Full reset is the only option.

I have the same problem for some days (memory corruption) and a dump code displayed on the screen . I love this receiver

c0ne

I have the same problem for some days (memory corruption) and a dump code displayed on the screen . I love this receiver
Take the battery off, if that doesn’t work you need to do a full reset. I would love to love the receiver if it just kept working like expected without having to wipe everything every time.

c0ne

Also, make sure everytime this happens you make a photo of it and send it to AOR, only this way there is a change on them fixing these rather simple bugs, features are cool but I rather see them mature their existing code first.

c0ne

Did you guys know the AR-DV10 can receive up to 4Ghz and do ascii art?? #memorycorruptions

IMG_2988.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.