How can I get a system's information?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to find out about our radio system at work. I currently DO have the receive frequency and PL tone because I was able to capture it with signal stalker. What I need to figure out though is whether or not the system is using a repeater, and if so what the input frequency is as well as an input PL tone.. I try keying up my radio while at work with signal stalker, but at that range it hits on just about any frequency.. Is there some sort of an FCC site I can use to look it up if I can get the call sign for the radio license?

scanfan03

Premium Subscriber
Is the frequency UHF, VHF, 800 MHz? Most likely you aren't on a trunked system because of the PL tone. If it is UHF and you are repeated the repeater output should be 5 MHz below the input. If it is VHF the repeater output could be anything. Another way to find out if you are on a repeater is to listen closely to the radio after you key up and let off. Most repeaters have a hang time (while some are very short) to where they will stay keyed after you unkey the mic. If you can hear that then that means you are on a repeater.

ecps92

What random freq's? That might help, as someone stated it might be a TRS system. Care to mention the agency and where? ;)

Depending on who/what/where the info might be, or might not be avail in the FCC license DB, and could already be in the RR WIKI or RR DB.

I'm trying to find out about our radio system at work. I currently DO have the receive frequency and PL tone because I was able to capture it with signal stalker. What I need to figure out though is whether or not the system is using a repeater, and if so what the input frequency is as well as an input PL tone.. I try keying up my radio while at work with signal stalker, but at that range it hits on just about any frequency.. Is there some sort of an FCC site I can use to look it up if I can get the call sign for the radio license?

DickH

..... I try keying up my radio while at work with signal stalker, but at that range it hits on just about any frequency.. Is there some sort of an FCC site I can use to look it up if I can get the call sign for the radio license?

Remove the antenna from your scanner, then key the transmitter from across the room, even from an adjoining room.

Status
Not open for further replies.