How can I identify the FeedID for a certain stream?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BIODTL1997

Premium Subscriber
This issue seems to be just isolated to this talkgroup on the NJICS P25 system.

The TG is hyperlinked on the RR system page (which is super cool, btw. Didn't know that was a new feature!), but it is not listed in the broadcastify page (linked below) for NJ/Essex County. I can play the feed on my PC by clicking the RR hyperlink but I'm trying to add the URL to my Grace Digital Mondo WiFi radio, and without the feed ID I'm stuck.

I've added other feeds that are listed in the Broadcastify page and they work fine, because I can determine the FeedID by the browser URL, once launched.

For extra credit, :) I'm also having no luck geting my SDS200 connected to the Grace Radio.

Thanks so much in advance for any help!!!

BIODTL1997

Premium Subscriber
There are many broadcastify feeds that work just fine on the Grace radio. The issue is that this talkgroup is not listed in the Broacastify DB. Can it be added? Perhaps it's brand new and the Broadcastify list has not been updated yet?

1) it is absolutely an audio stream. "http://user:pass@audio.broadcastify.com/31468.mp3 - NJ State Police Broadcastify stream. One of 10 streams I've successfully added to this box.

2) just confirmed by viewing other threads in the forums that Broadcastify most definitely works with Grace Radios.

The problem is that this talkgroup has not been added to Broadcastify.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
The audio feeds that you are adding to your Grace Radio are audio streams of content provided by volunteers. Yes, they work fine for the Grace Radios

The linked talkgroup above (4341 - Montclair Police 1) is NOT a Broadcastify audio stream - it's part of the Broadcastify Calls platform where we have volunteers that capture entire radio systems and send each individual talkgroup or frequency up as individual audio files for every call, and then playlists can be created and the communications can be monitored only in the calls interface.

I mean, I'm the owner and operator of the site, so I kind of know what I'm talking about here.

The problem is, that the audio stream that you are listening to on your Grace Digital Radio is provided by a volunteer who has already chosen what will be on that stream.

The Broadcastify Calls platform captures everything on a system and cannot be added to your Grace Audio device unless we were to create an audio stream of talkgroups from that platform. That isn't capable today.

BIODTL1997

Premium Subscriber
I’m sorry if I’m challenging your intelligence, but I also know what I’m talking about, sir. But this isn’t about any competition. What does it take to add a talkgroup to an official, registered Broadcastify stream URL?

How many clicks can that cost?

I get that you don’t like me, but I’ve never insulted anyone, and you have HUNDREDS of my dollars so make this right.

So let me provide the feed! I can add ANY other broadcastify URL successfully, so I don’t think you really know what you’re talking omg about. But I welcome any rebuttals.

What does one need to do to "volunteer" to host a stream for this talkgroup, that will be available on Broadcastify?

Thank you for your explanation, I'm sure you know what you're talking about but your first explaination made no sense. Regardless, thank you.

Bottom Line: What are options to get this on Broadcastify?

Status
Not open for further replies.