How can I listen to the College of Charleston Public Safety?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaDelta10

I have read of them being on the City of Charleston's system but whenever I put the ID in, it doesn't work. I remember trying before their ID's on the old Charleston County system (analog before digital) and they still won't work. Anyone know how to pick them up? I've wanted to listen to them for a while now but have no luck whatsoever finding out how. Either it was a slow day for them (I can't imagine how FAST it would be though) or I have entered in the wrong numbers. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

evan

Database Admin
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

They are using a conventional 800mhz frequency for dispatch. It is listed in the colleges/universities section on the Charleston County page here. I can't remember it off the top of my head. Maybe mlindler can tell us if they ever use any of the trunked systems?

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
857.98750 WPPV344 R 103.5 PL CofC PS 1 College of Charleston Public Safety FM Schools
858.98750 WPPV344 R 103.5 PL CofC PS 2 College of Charleston Public Safety FM Schools

They also have tg's on both the city of Charleston TRS and the Palmetto 25, though from what I am understanding they have never really used them.

marke241

I work for the Public Safety Department at the College. We are in the process of upgrading with new walkies. mobile and base units in the dispatch center. However, we are still using and from what I have heard will still be using the old 800 freqs, for a while. The talk group ID's listed on the city site are for our channel 3, which is rarely used, except for special events. We do however have the ability to talk with all the local agencies with the new radios if the need arises.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Do you happen to know whether you guys are getting the XTS 2500's or APX 7000's?

Status
Not open for further replies.