• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

How can I sell digital portable radio in mexico?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alina_li

Hello, I want to sell digital portable radio in mexico and brazil, can you tell me what should I do before?
Our radio includes these frequency range: 30~88KHz, 136~174KHz, 330~520KHz
Key Function: 1. display GPS location and teammates in radio screen 2. use as repeater 3.take photo and tranfer through radio frequency
Quality: IP67, IC, FCC, MIL-STD-810G

What other certifications I need to do? And if I want to sell it to police, I must do what?

Really need your help, thank you.

pinballwiz86

Premium Subscriber
Hello, you might want to check out Mexico and Brazil's version of the FCC for your answer.

3. take photo and transfer through radio frequency

Hmm..yes. Could you post a link to where I might buy this digital radio that can send pictures. I'd very much like to try it out on the 2 meter amateur bands. Private message me if you have two demo models you can send. Thanks.

robertmac

Premium Subscriber
Those are awfully low frequencies. I didn't know police used such low frequency radios. Before you sell anything, check the frequencies.

Jakeportland

Premium Subscriber
I don't think you should bring to Mexico you might get a red flag by the airport and then they they can take them away from you and then I think you go to jail

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Hello, I want to sell digital portable radio in mexico and brazil, can you tell me what should I do before?

Our radio includes these frequency range: 30~88KHz, 136~174KHz, 330~520KHz

Key Function: 1. display GPS location and teammates in radio screen 2. use as repeater 3.take photo and tranfer through radio frequency

Quality: IP67, IC, FCC, MIL-STD-810G

What other certifications I need to do? And if I want to sell it to police, I must do what?

Really need your help, thank you.

A hobby forum is probably not the place to be asking these questions to.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

alina_li

Hello, you might want to check out Mexico and Brazil's version of the FCC for your answer.

Hmm..yes. Could you post a link to where I might buy this digital radio that can send pictures. I'd very much like to try it out on the 2 meter amateur bands. Private message me if you have two demo models you can send. Thanks.

I am very sorry that I can‘t find the function to send private message to you. And I can't post product link here because it will make the thread to be a spam.
Can you send message to my skype(alina_lii)or through email(sales@comart.com.cn)
Thank you.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Alina, please disregard Jake's advice. I don't think he understands that you are a manufacturer and are looking to sell your product in Mexico.

RadioReference is mainly a site for hobbiests and is not the best place to be asking advice on importing and selling radios in foreign countries. You will need to contact somebody in Mexico who is familiar with their certification and import process.

Status
Not open for further replies.