DSDPlus How Come DSD+ FCC Data Is Always Different Than RR FCC Data?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanesFan95

You hover your mouse pointer over the frequency scope and you get a little pop-up balloon showing you the licensee. But it is so often different than RR's metro area search. Why?

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Updates may not be done on a regular basis by whoever you are getting the FCC info from for DSD+, RR updates on a regular basis. It's very similar in my area.

Try getting the frequency file from here and see if that helps.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
I just looked through the latest DSD+ USA license data (updated this morning), and it's a hot mess. I'm finding many omissions, a lot of inaccuracies, and worst of all (this is a long-standing issue), they are displaying the CONTACT info, not the LICENSEE info.

So for example, 453.0125 might be licensed to Town of Anywhere, but the contact info might be ABC Communications, Inc. who handles their licensing. If you hover over 453.0125, guess what's going to pop up? 🤦‍♂️

I brought that to the attention of the DSD+ author many moons ago, and nothing was changed to fix it. Also, the actual call sign itself is not included in the raw data files, which makes it even less useful.

cg

Premium Subscriber
just go edit the FMPx.CFG file and comment out the lines for the freq files with a semi-colon

chris

Status
Not open for further replies.