How come nobody makes a real "Base" type scanner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

57Bill

I'm not convinced the demand is not there for a large base unit to coexist with a baby brother handheld. Most of those 30years old and under think smaller is better, while most of those 40 years old and older think bigger is better. And I mean across the board: cars, guns, sex, and base station radios (please no off-topic posts from old guys who love their small cars and young guys who see themselves as studs).
I'm sure the 2010 census will show there are more over the age of 40 than under the age of 30, so I think the demand is there.

hoser147

I Love my PSR600 it's "base" enough to use at home, yet I can take it in the car, even use it portable with a battery, best of all worlds.

This thread and other wish list ones go on and on. I really got to agree with the above post with software you can make the screen much bigger and even the control buttons are just a click on the PC........I really dont see anything happening on a True Base model, for all the reasons in this thread, sure there is some demand for it but not enough to make it profitable and affordable.

screenersam

I hate motrbro
my 898 isn't perfect but better than standing up a pro-97.

same issue with Ham units; starter-level 2M is almost all 12v wi power supply. I would LOVE to have a dictionary-sized base unit. the little stuff works fine but doesn't look...satisfying.

I think that's why Radio Shack started making those big metal retro CBs (mobile units); same circuitry in a metal box. but it looks SO cool!

Status
Not open for further replies.