How do I add Talk ID Groups to the Sentinel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gijoe56

I've already downloaded the latest version of BCDX36HP Sentinel and have a beginners understanding of how to program frequencies. However I can't find the option to add TalkID Groups to the program.
Specifically I'm trying to add OLRec, the Oaklawn Starcom21 channels.
If someone could explain the process to add them to my radio, the SDS200, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks for your time!

tvengr

Well Known Member
First, you have to create a favorites list. Go to the Edit tab and click on Edit Favorites List. Click on New Favorites List and name it. Once the favorites list is created, you add a system. Once the system is created, you add departments. If you click on a department, you will see where to enter talkgroups.

gijoe56

First, you have to create a favorites list. Go to the Edit tab and click on Edit Favorites List. Click on New Favorites List and name it. Once the favorites list is created, you add a system. Once the system is created, you add departments. If you click on a department, you will see where to enter talkgroups.
Yes I did all that and when I entered in the frequency 769.93125 it seemed to be stuck on "Scanning ID."

tvengr

Well Known Member
Did you set up the system as P25 Standard or Conventional? The system type should be P25 Standard. The control channel and alternate frequencies are entered into the site. Once that is done, you highlight the system and add one or more departments. When you click on a department, add one or more channels and you will see a place to enter the channel name and TGID. Let me take a look at the system and see If I can do a quick file that you can load into Sentinel to get your scanner going. Does Cook Co fire cover Oak Lawn or does it have its own fire department?

Last edited:

gijoe56

Did you set up the system as P25 Standard or Conventional? The system type should be P25 Standard. The control channel and alternate frequencies are entered into the site. Once that is done, you highlight the system and add one or more departments. When you click on a department, add one or more channels and you will see a place to enter the channel name and TGID. Let me take a look at the system and see If I can do a quick file that you can load into Sentinel to get your scanner going. Does Cook Co fire cover Oak Lawn or does it have its own fire department?

I believe Cook Co Fire covers Oak Lawn, if you can make that file for me I would greatly appreciate it!
Getting this thing setup has been a bit of a task so thanks very much for your help!
Edit
I set it up as P25 Standard

tvengr

Well Known Member
I found Oak Lawn Central Fire Dispatch on a conventional frequency. This is a very basic file to give you an idea how it is done. Oak Lawn Police is a trunked system. Oak Lawn Fire is a conventional system. Save the attached zipped file to your computer and extract. Go to the Tools tab on Sentinel and set the Target Model to SDS200. Go to the File tab and Import the extracted HPE File. Name the file Oak Lawn IL. When you write the favorites list to the scanner, check the box to Erase Favorites Lists on Scanner. That will delete anything in the scanner. This favorites list should be the only one set to download and monitor in the profile.

Attachments

• Oak Lawn IL.zip
    773 bytes · Views: 24

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Here you go...I live just to the north of you and monitor OLREC. Talk groups, Radio ID's etc. If you have any questions, send me a message.

Attachments

• Oak Lawn Regional Emergency Comunications.zip
    1.9 KB · Views: 26
Status
Not open for further replies.