How do I apply to become a system moderator or administrator?

Brettame5

Premium Subscriber
I want to apply to become a moderator or administrator for my state. I spend most of my time listening to my radio and trying to figure things out for my area and I don't mind answering data requests or other things the job may entail.

Motoballa

Premium Subscriber
Generally admins or mods have been a member on the site for quite some time prior to becoming one, when going through a thread and you see a response from one look at their join date. They also share and contribute a plethora of knowledge to the forums and database.

Doing some research to prevent asking duplicate questions is also a big one. Here are some posts similar to yours I found by searching through the forum that have answers to your exact question.

Brettame5

Premium Subscriber
Generally admins or mods have been a member on the site for quite some time prior to becoming one, when going through a thread and you see a response from one look at their join date. They also share and contribute a plethora of knowledge to the forums and database.

Doing some research to prevent asking duplicate questions is also a big one. Here are some posts similar to yours I found by searching through the forum that have answers to your exact question.

Thank you. This was very helpful.

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
In my more than a decade & a half of regular contributions to the RR database, figuring out conventional & mapping out trunked radio systems for my region & wherever else I may visit with my radios, even submitting updates to my aforementioned data submissions years down the road if they changed tones, voice modes, systems, go encrypted, other various reasons warranting a submission update, I have yet to be considered for a database admin position. Then again there's no shortage of admins in my region so there ya go. Best wishes to the OP in their endeavor

Last edited:

mciupa

Speaking from personal experience, I was approached to consider doing those roles. Also, I think a big factor is the need for your area.