How do I change the font size on whistler software?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fasteddy64

How can I make this software go full screen on my computer?
If tills the screen but it is unreadable by my old eyes.
Any ideas?
Screenshot 2020-12-01 174642.png

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Try this...or read through that thread for suggestions

tvengr

Well Known Member
Here is a reply I got from Whistler some time ago:

Thank you, we have found some bugs on some Win 10 machines and are working to correct these.

In the meantime please try the following and let me know if it fixes some of your issues.

Right click on the shortcut and select Properties > Compatibility > and under settings check the box for Override high DPI scaling behavior, then select System in the drop down box and hit Apply.

fasteddy64

Here is a reply I got from Whistler some time ago:

Thank you, we have found some bugs on some Win 10 machines and are working to correct these.

In the meantime please try the following and let me know if it fixes some of your issues.

Right click on the shortcut and select Properties > Compatibility > and under settings check the box for Override high DPI scaling behavior, then select System in the drop down box and hit Apply.
No, it did not change anything

fasteddy64

Try this...or read through that thread for suggestions

Thanks but I found no help there

Swipesy

Try it again but make sure you click on a step TVEngr did not mention.

Right click on the shortcut and select Properties > Compatibility > Change high DPI settings and under settings check the box for Override high DPI scaling behavior, then select System in the drop down box and hit Apply.

wtp

i sent this to him, but i don't know if he saw it,
another thing is a magnifying 'glass' on windows 10.
i saved mine to the task bar on the bottom, for a one click use thing.
to find it click on the start button on the bottom left.
scroll down to find windows ease of access and click it.
right click on magnifier
go down to more and click on pin to taskbar.

fasteddy64

Try it again but make sure you click on a step TVEngr did not mention.

Right click on the shortcut and select Properties > Compatibility > Change high DPI settings and under settings check the box for Override high DPI scaling behavior, then select System in the drop down box and hit Apply.
I tried that. No change

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
I tried that. No change
It is a scaling issue because your PC has a high resolution screen and that causes ezscan to get reduced in size...you have to change the scaling...google windows scaling for solutions and make sure you're running the latest version of ezscan.

fasteddy64

It is a scaling issue because your PC has a high resolution screen and that causes ezscan to get reduced in size...you have to change the scaling...google windows scaling for solutions and make sure you're running the latest version of ezscan.
I am running version 3.40
Changing the scaling to the largest option does not help, and just makes everything else on the machine to big to use.
I guess I should word this differently. I dont just want the font bigger, I want the program to use the entire screen, not just be tucked into the upper left corner if that makes sense.

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
Changing the scaling to the largest option does not help, and just makes everything else on the machine to big to use.
I guess I should word this differently. I dont just want the font bigger, I want the program to use the entire screen, not just be tucked into the upper left corner if that makes sense.
You're doing it wrong, you do not change the scaling for the laptop, you change it for ezscan only via properties and compatibility mode as described in a earlier post.

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
Right click on the shortcut or desktop icon for ezscan and select Properties > Compatibility , then high DPI settings and under settings check the box for Override high DPI scaling behavior, then select System in the drop down box and hit Apply.

I partially edited this and don't have a high res screen to test this on, you may have to select application in place of system.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber

Right click on the program and go to properties (at the bottom) and at try from there...look at the tab in the screenshot.

Screenshot 2020-12-02 13.37.33.png

fasteddy64

I have tried and tried. I followed everyone's instructions and I get the same results.
Thanks everyone but it just doesnt change anything.
If there are any teamviewer users who would like to remote in and try i would be happy to give that a shot

BetaCygni

I had the same problem on a Dell 7590 with a 4k screen (3840x2160) and setting "High DPI scaling override" to System not Application fixed the problem for me running v3.40

1606935301624.png

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
I have tried and tried. I followed everyone's instructions and I get the same results.
Thanks everyone but it just doesnt change anything.
If there are any teamviewer users who would like to remote in and try i would be happy to give that a shot
I could remote in via chrome remote desktop, set it up then PM me.

CycleSycho

Wackyracer remoted in and fixed it.

:) Did he fix it by doing this in post 12 ( "Right click on the shortcut or desktop icon for ezscan and select Properties > Compatibility , then high DPI settings and under settings check the box for Override high DPI scaling behavior, then select System in the drop down box and hit Apply.

I partially edited this and don't have a high res screen to test this on, you may have to select application in place of system" )? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.