How do I correct this display

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
The picture below shows the LCD display of a PSR-400 which has the text reversed. Sorry for the glare on the display. I programmed 2 of these scanners, new, with the same programming and they had no issues. After running for about a week, one of them has this reversal.

I've read where others have experienced this, but I didn't think it was with this line of scanners. BTW, power cycling does not correct it. Suggestions?

Attachments

• 400-PSR.jpg
    400-PSR.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 484

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Try powering down completely and powering back up. Should correct mirrored display. Problem is more commonly associated with the Radio Shack Pro-197. Only known remedy is power cycling.
As I originally wrote: "BTW, power cycling does not correct it." Does this mean I should power cycle as many times as it takes?

DonS

When a PSR-500 or PRO-197 displays that behavior, the only known fix (at present) is to power-cycle the scanner. That works 100% of the time for those models.

Have you tried completely removing power from the scanner (i.e. disconnecting external plug) for some period of time?

kcoleman

Shot in the Dark...

gmclam,

I have 4 of these bad boys.... fortunately this hasn't happened to me, but what about attempting to reload your scanner... see if that has any affect.

Good Luck,
Keith

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Thank you for all the replies. I only power cycled the scanner and did not attempt to keep it powered down for an extended time nor reload it. If an extended power cycle does not work then I'll try a complete reset and reload.

I run a PSR-300 24/7 and have not seen this issue with it. I find it interesting that the problem is reported with a base model PRO-197 and this is a base model PSR-400. Even if the firmware is the same between the '300 and '400, there has to be some sort of difference in the code that is executed. One reason I say this is that the '400 does not go in to power save mode. Looks like another GRE bug to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.