How do I download freq into scanner on rr site

Status
Not open for further replies.

rkniii

Have new PRO96 scanner...how do I get scanner code from Radio Reference to download on PC for upload to scanner?

edweirdFL

Yes, the easiest way would be to register the Win96 program and use the web import feature to pull it into Win96, and then create a program to upload to the 96's memories. I see you are a premium subscriber, so you do have access to the web import.

Some scanner programming software also supports extracting programming info from a web page into a file. Usually this automates some of the entry work, but you still have to do some on your own, especially for trunked systems. I use this method for other web sites that don't have the import feature.

Ed

rkniii

Thanks for the reply...guess I need more step by step help...I cannot find out where the export function is on Radio Reference - when clicking on downloads, it only has pdf files. Does anyone know the specific steps to copy the freqs, talk groups, text from radio reference to upload into a file for manipulation by Win96? Checked Win96 help file, but it does not include instructions on how to create file from any website such as rr.....thanks.

n4voxgill

Silent Key
you start the file import from WIN96 software that you get from starrsoft. Once you have the software on your computer, you start WIN96, the click on FILE and the click on Web import that gets you started.

rkniii

Thanks...but I have nothing to import...I need to know how to create the file for import into Win96...can't figure out how to create data file (doc w/ freq, talk ids, text) from radio ref.

Status
Not open for further replies.