How do I import files to my scanner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KG7JEV

Premium Subscriber
I searched and searched and couldn't find the answer, so sorry in advance if it's posted somewhere.

How do I import db files to my software online? I have a prem. membership, but don't know how to do it. I'm sure someone has the link to the wiki or something.

Thanks,
Eric.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
What software are you using? ARC996, BCTool, FreeScan and ProScan(for the 996) and Win97 (for the Pro-97) all have the ability to import data from the database. Connecting to the database is usually nestled inside a pulldown. You will need your RadioReference userid and password

73 Mike

[edit] Don answered that very question in the thread below for Win97...

http://www.radioreference.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114471

Last edited:

KG7JEV

Premium Subscriber
What software are you using? ARC996, BCTool, FreeScan and ProScan(for the 996) and Win97 (for the Pro-97) all have the ability to import data from the database. Connecting to the database is usually nestled inside a pulldown. You will need your RadioReference userid and password

73 Mike

[edit] Don answered that very question in the thread below for Win97...

http://www.radioreference.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114471

I am using the UASD software from the uniden website.

n2mdk

The UASD doesn't have the direct download ability like the other mentioned software does.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Last edited:

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I don't have a 996 - yet. However I have a couple of other much older scanners plus the 396 (the 996's cousin) and am relatively pleased with Scan Control This package doesn't have the RRDB import function (to me, that was a huge mistake) - I would go for either of the freeware packages. You won't lose anything (i.e. cash) by trying them.

A side note - most new PCs these days don't have serial ports. You will need a USB-serial converter. Uniden sells them (their model is USB-1), and several other manufacturers also have them that seem to work fairly well. Be sure, once you buy one, to go to the manufacturer's website to download the latest drivers. That, as well as assigning a COM port that's open, are the 2 biggest hangups when using these converters.

73 Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.