How do I input the OSP info into my PSR-500?

Status
Not open for further replies.

roadog1aj

Premium Subscriber
Hi All,
I am a total noob to the digital scanning world and have just purchased a PSR-500. I am using the ARC500 software and have had great success with programming and using this scanner. The only thing I can not seem to have any luck with is getting the Ohio State Police programmed into the scanner. The Radio Reference site has information listed for them, but it is not an actual frequency. Here is what is listed on their site:

DEC: 16864
HEX: 41e
Mode: D
Alpha Tag: POST 04
Description: OSP Post 4 (Ashtabula)
Tag: Law Dispatch

What steps would I take to input or convert this information so that I can enter it into the ARC500 software?
I have searched as much as I can to find something on this, (step by step procedures, etc) but have had no joy so far.
Any help would be very much appreciated! Thank you in advance!!

RonnieUSA

Hi All,
I am a total noob to the digital scanning world and have just purchased a PSR-500. I am using the ARC500 software and have had great success with programming and using this scanner. The only thing I can not seem to have any luck with is getting the Ohio State Police programmed into the scanner. The Radio Reference site has information listed for them, but it is not an actual frequency. Here is what is listed on their site:

DEC: 16864
HEX: 41e
Mode: D
Alpha Tag: POST 04
Description: OSP Post 4 (Ashtabula)
Tag: Law Dispatch

What steps would I take to input or convert this information so that I can enter it into the ARC500 software?
I have searched as much as I can to find something on this, (step by step procedures, etc) but have had no joy so far.
Any help would be very much appreciated! Thank you in advance!!

The Ohio State Highway Patrol uses this system Ohio MARCS - Multi-Agency Radio Communications Trunking System, Statewide, Ohio - Scanner Frequencies for communications, so it's a trunked system. It looks like there is 2 towers for your county:

6F0F 036 (24) Geneva Ashtabula 866.53750 866.81250 868.58750a 868.86250c

6F0F 057 (39) Ashtabula Ashtabula 866.61250 866.88750 867.16250a 867.42500c

You also would get more help from the Ohio Forum. Ohio Radio Discussion Forum - The RadioReference.com Forums

roadog1aj

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the super fast reply RonnieUSA!
I will use those frequencies you posted. One question: do I input the a & c at the end of the frequency strings like: 868.58750a 868.86250c when I type these into my software?

Sorry for the noob questions.....it's all new to me!
And thanks again for your help!

RonnieUSA

I will use those frequencies you posted. One question: do I input the a & c at the end of the frequency strings like: 868.58750a 868.86250c when I type these into my software?

Your a Premium Subscriber, so You could just use ARC500 to download the system, because that is how it has to be setup, because it's trunked.

n8zcc

No, the a and c stand for control channel and alternate control channels. You only need to add the control and alternate frequencies in to your TSYS frequency list. Then add a wildcard talk group and you will hear every talk group coming across the towers you are monitoring. From there you can start to create the list of talk groups you are interested in.

roadog1aj

Premium Subscriber
Wow!
Thank you both very much!!!
The screen shots were tremendous! I also went over to the other forum as suggested and started exploring their information as well. There is a ton of new things to learn!!

Status
Not open for further replies.