How do i insert frequency tables into the wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.

andy51edge

Premium Subscriber
I was working on a wiki page for the Tulsa area and I noticed there are several tables with frequencies on them I looked at the code and it was short cryptic and it was referring to another source. So on the Tulsa county page near the top it has a small OKWIN table with the code <tg>844|11356</tg> and what I am asking is how do I make my own tables like that and customize it to what I need?

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
The code you see as 'cryptic' are extensions that Lindsay built into the wiki to allow users to pull data from our database into a wiki article. They are fully explained here...

RR Wiki Extensions - The RadioReference Wiki

Now while we don't have anything that's comparable just for the wiki, there are numerous examples of folks putting their own tables together. We have no set standard for this, since everyone likes to do things their own way. Here is the 'official' MediaWiki page on table handling

Help:Tables - MediaWiki

You might want to look in the amateur radio category where there are several examples; clone whatever you wish

Category:Amateur Radio Repeaters - The RadioReference Wiki

If you would be a bit more specific about what you want to accomplish we can help more...HTH...Mike

plaws

Premium Subscriber
I was working on a wiki page for the Tulsa area and I noticed there are several tables with frequencies on them I looked at the code and it was short cryptic and it was referring to another source. So on the Tulsa county page near the top it has a small OKWIN table with the code <tg>844|11356</tg> and what I am asking is how do I make my own tables like that and customize it to what I need?

Thanks for working on an Oklahoma county! As you may have seen, I've been working on Oklahoma-related stuff. There is a list of counties at Oklahoma Counties - The RadioReference Wiki and many are red, meaning no content. Feel free to start in on another county if you have the information!

Peter

KC4RAF

Davenport,Fl.- home to me and the gators and the s
plaws, the link you posted

shows a "Roger County,Ok." (in Red), and a "Rogers County,Ok." (has the "s" added (in Blue)). Wikipedia does not list the red Roger County,Ok. Could this take up extra memory in the wiki? Just a question, not picking any fight please.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Perhaps it was supposed to be Roger Mills County--western Oklahoma, county seat Cheyenne, population 3,647.

Anyway, that's what I changed it to.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Then by all means, have at it. This part of the site, for the most part, updated by the members...Mike

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
You log into the Wiki using your RadioReference user name and password.

However, there is a known problem with user names containing underscores and the Wiki user database. Bottom line, the Wiki will not accept your user name because it has an underscore in it. This is described in the Wiki help article:

Wiki Help - The RadioReference Wiki

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
...However, there is a known problem with user names containing underscores and the Wiki user database....
Not only there, there are problems all over the site in relation to this. I was pretty sure that Lindsay was going to stop allowing the underscore on new users but I am not sure what he had planned for established ones. :confused:

JokeInsurance

You log into the Wiki using your RadioReference user name and password.

However, there is a known problem with user names containing underscores and the Wiki user database. Bottom line, the Wiki will not accept your user name because it has an underscore in it. This is described in the Wiki help article:

Wiki Help - The RadioReference Wiki

Perhaps I could request to change my user name? If that helps any.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Perhaps I could request to change my user name? If that helps any.
I am pretty sure that would be accommodated. Send Lindsay an email requesting a drop of the Underscore in your name. I just checked and there would be no conflict with anyone else. He can be reached via the support email address (see Help -> Account Info at the top of the page). Make sure you mention the underscore problem as the reason for the request, as it normally falls outside the reasons for allowed changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.