How do I know if trunking is working or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeorgeMason

Ive got a RS PRO-94 I bought years ago (and believe it or not :) ) I have never tried to use the trunking feature because I hear alot already.
After I followed the directions for trunking I dont seem to hear anymore action. I am wondering if the trunking is working or not.
I live about 8 miles from downtown L.A.

Thanks.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Try holding on a particularly busy talkgroup and see if you can follow the traffic there. If you can't, then something is wrong with the way it's programmed.

We have a California forum (and there's lots of Yahoo scanning related groups) where you can find out whether you have the system programmed correctly. Check the database to see whether you've selected the correct system type 73 Mike

hfxChris

Database Admin
If your scanner was working just fine before you enabled trunking, why did you enable trunking? Are you sure there's a trunked system within range you can monitor?

zz0468

QRT
Banned
If he's 8 miles from downtown LA, there's TONS of systems he could monitor, of all kinds.

JoeyC

Based on the wording of GeorgeMasons post, I doubt he grasps the concept of trunking. He doesn't state what system he is trying to monitor, only that he turned the trunking on and now the scanner isn't working.

George, trunking isn't an on/off option on scanners, it is there to monitor specialized radio systems and the sytems must be programmed. You might want to consult the owners manual on how to program a trunking system or at least give more information about what trunking system you are trying to program and monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.