How do I lock/unlock banks on a 796D?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
Is there a way to lock and unlock banks on a BC-796D other than waiting for 20-30 minutes for the BANK list to actually show? I have been trying for the last 15 minutes to unlock several banks by pressing TRUNK then SCAN.........I am attempting to press the bank numbers before the scanner picks up a transmission thereby selecting scan list instead of bank! I tried the MENU, but can't find anything. I even unplugged my antenna so that it will not receive and go to list, but the damn scanner still picks up transmissions immediately.

Grrrrrrr.....is there an easy way to do this? I am about to smash this scanner.

At least my 780XLT's have a SELECT button to toggle between BANK and SCAN LIST.

Paul Anderegg

CitibeatNews.com - Breaking News Footage Video for Local TV Station Newscasts and TV Network News Broadcasts - Citibeat News Service

Last edited:

JoeyC

Just push the ( . ) and you will cycle between bank and list mode. When the unit is in bank mode, pressing the number keys will activate/deactivate banks, otherwise, in list mode, you will activate/deactivate lists within the active (at the time) bank.

JoeyC

Yeah at one time I struggled with the same issue. I've learned a few tricks to help tame these beasts over the years. I love my 796D. Of all the digital scanners I have, it has the best audio overall.

DJ88

Yeah at one time I struggled with the same issue. I've learned a few tricks to help tame these beasts over the years. I love my 796D. Of all the digital scanners I have, it has the best audio overall.

I have a 785D and the audio on it puts my 996T and 15X to shame. The audio on my 898T, when I had it, outdid them all. It was as smooth as silk.

SCPD

QRT
Grrrrrrr.....is there an easy way to do this? I am about to smash this scanner.

http://www.citibeatnews.com

That's why I won't buy one of the newer Unidens.

The 780 was a great scanner .. I still have 2 of them. They were one of the last really good scanners that Uniden produced.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber

The DMA scanners let you easily independently turn on/off systems (sites) using system quick keys (just press # or .##) and scan lists (channel groups), using F+#.

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
Yep..I have 2 780's, 2 796D's and 2 996XT's and the older scanners have much better audio. Seems with every scanner uniden releases the audio gets worse. The home patrol is just pathetic.

You can improve the audio vastly on the new scanners by filtering and amplification if using an external speaker.

JoeyC

The DMA scanners are very easy to turn on/off systems/sites as UPMAN said, and the 785 and 796 have a SELECT button in the way of the ( . ) key that does exactly the same thing. :confused:

svtyone

how do you know what bank your looking at? i am not new to scanning but am used to radio shack pro-96/97 controls and this double bank thing is messing with me lol. i have a uniden 396xt that is great. its a little quieter but gets the job done. but im also 26 with fresh ears sooooo lol. anyways just curious on how to tel what banks your controlling channel/id on the 796d

JoeyC

how do you know what bank your looking at? i am not new to scanning but am used to radio shack pro-96/97 controls and this double bank thing is messing with me lol. i have a uniden 396xt that is great. its a little quieter but gets the job done. but im also 26 with fresh ears sooooo lol. anyways just curious on how to tel what banks your controlling channel/id on the 796d

Answered in the 2nd post in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.