PSR500/PSR600: How do I manually enter a talkgroup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
The PSR-500/600 does not have a way of going to a talkgroup ID directly, everything entered will be treated as an object ID.

The only real way of going to a talkgroup on the fly without knowing the object ID is to have a dedicated talkgroup object programmed to an easy to remember ID (1, 100, etc) and then edit it as need (PGM/PROG -> EDIT (F2) -> CURR (F2) -> Edit the ID -> Save (F1) -> MAN).

Another way is to completely plan out your programming and assign the object IDs in a easy to remember order with software that you can memorized so that you can quickly switch to a talkgroup as needed.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
To pgm that TG in you press manual, pgm ,new ,tgrp, scroll to the system SList that has the * , scroll down and make sure it has the correct tower, scroll to "wildcard, press 3542, then press "save"....

scanmanmi

To pgm that TG in you press manual, pgm ,new ,tgrp, scroll to the system SList that has the * , scroll down and make sure it has the correct tower, scroll to "wildcard, press 3542, then press "save"....
It's already programmed. If they're talking I can hit Pause. If I press Manual I can arrow around, but if I want to just go to an already programmed item how can I do that?

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Every "Object" has a SList # and item # up in the upper left hand corner on manual, write it down ...Then if you punch it in on the key pad and press "ENT" it goes right too it.....

Status
Not open for further replies.